10. Brave

"This is a little weird, don't you think?"

"What do you want Erick?" Henry replied, annoyed.

"Nothing, I was looking for you and then I find you right here staring at your bother's wife in a way many will consider strange."

"They are not together " Henry's eyes not leaving Samira walking in the garden with her maid holding a umbrella over her head, completely oblivious of fact that her brother in-law was staring at her from one of the balconies of the castle.

"What do you mean they are not together?" Erick asked.

"You know Philip had a relationship with Lady Alice, well that relationship continues, he loves Alice, not Samira."

"And how exactly will that help you buddy?"

"Let's just leave it here." Henry replied.

"Are you aware that your brother will one day be king and his wife queen."

"I am, what's your point?"

"My point is very simple, what you are thinking is called treason. Do you know what the penalty for treason is?"

"Stop your negative remarks Erick I don't need them right now."

Erick was Henry's best friend since childhood they were always very close. Erick was concerned, he knew what his friend was thinking and he knew that will not end well for any of the parties involved. He needed to reason before it was too late.

"Who's that with her anyways?" Erick asked, he recognized the woman escorting the princess form the day before. She was walking down a hallway in such a hurry that didn't see him, crashing right into his chest. He still remembered the moment his eyes meet hers and the feeling of connection after that. A goofy grin formed in his face but she ran away before he could say something.

"Her maid, she came with Samira from Kalon, I believe her name is Esma or something like what. Why?" Henry turned to look at his best friend, to find his intense glare fixed on the maid.

"Just asking."

"Right.... well let me just remind you that your family will never approve a title-less maid as your wife."

Erick family wasn't only incredibly wealthy but of noble origins, he was to inherit his father's title one day as Duke of Albany everyone expected him to marry at least a very wealthy heiress.

Esma looked up and noticed Erick's eyes on her, immediately she recognized him as the man she encountered in the hallway the day before, she tried to look to the opposite direction but somehow her eyes moved back up to the balcony again to find Erick still looking at her. It felt awkward and she was relieved that Samira did not notice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Malady the king requests your presence." Esma spoke closing the door of the room behind her.

"Oh.... does he? What for." Samira asked

"I'm not sure, I heard something like they have archery games going on today, is a tradition here in Esparcia."

"I guess I can't say no, can I ?" Samira said taking a deep breath.

"I'm afraid the king and your husband will be very displeased if you don't go your highness."

"My husband? He won't even notice if I go or not, you and I both know he is ....... preoccupied in some other matters."

"Is that... another... rose?" Esma asked looking at the beautiful deep red flower on the bed.