24. Fight for you.

Samira felt renewed after taking one of Esma's baths

Samira felt renewed after taking one of Esma's baths. She was very talented at mixing different oils, always making Samira feel  rested and relaxed, something in the scent was very special and soothing. Her hair and skin smelled like honey and jasmine. Esma helped her out of the bath and left to fetch some tea. Samira wrapped a sheer white rope around her wet body and walked back to her room. The door slammed open revealing a very angry Philip, her eyes widened in surprise, the nerve of this man, she thought and immediately rage replaced the shock.

"What do you think you are doing ?" She asked.

Philip closed the door behind him. Coming here his rage was out of control, he wanted to kill the guard with his bare hands when he delivered the message from Samira refusing to see him for the third day in a row.

His eyes landed on her chest, the sheer material of her robe against her wet skin revealing a little too much. Philip walked closer to her as a wolf nearing his prey. Samira felt how her heart started to beat faster and took small strides backwards like a scared deer under the predator's gaze until the wall on her back made her stop. He was unbelievably close, and she started to drown in his scent, she hated how little control she had over her own emotions and body when Philip was close.

"What are you doing to me?" He finally whispered.

"You have to leave Philip, leave me alone. I am not falling on your little games like I did before."

"What are you talking about ?" He asked while taking in the sweet scent of honey in her neck, immediately sending a shiver down her spine.

"Why are you refusing to see me? I was going crazy."

"I don't believe a word you say." Her hands on his chest pushed him away. Her body instantly missing the warmness and feel of his body against hers, and so did Philip's. "You are using me because you need political stability." She now was able to wrap a near by shawl around her body in order to get some coverage.

"That's false, I had the prefect excuse to get rid of you when you eloped with my brother, many of my advisors suggested you execution, instead all I did is protect you. Do you know how weak as a king that made me look? I spared my brothers life, again against every single one of my advisers and supporters just to please you."

Tears clouded Samira's vision, she had no idea how selfish her actions were and how much damage they caused. She looked down in embarrassment, unable to face Philip, a tear rolled down her face. Within a second she felt how a hand lifted her chin and her eyes landed on Philip green ones.

"Please don't cry, I can't see you like this." He whispered.

"Allow me to leave, I want to go back to my father. I have failed at being a wife and a queen, there's nothing for me here."

"That's nonsense and you know it, no one can be half as good as you at this, our people love you. And how do you know that you're not a good wife if we haven't even tried it? Even if you were the worst wife, the worst queen, I will still choose you."