XXIX : The One

GWEN

She felt as though she were dreaming. This wasn't happening. She and Edward weren't just about to kiss with Harry merely a few feet from her as it was about to happen. No, this definitely was not happening.

"Hi" Harry said, as she tried to take the stunned look off her face.

Out of the hundreds of people to have spotted her without her mask, Harry Potter, was the one who did.

She felt her mouth dry as her heart calmed, it was Harry. Her Harry...Well, he wasn't hers anymore. But he did look better than the last time she saw him. He was well rested. He looked healthy. His black hair had grown out, he looked fuller, and he had even grown a few inches taller.

"Hey Edward" Neville said suddenly, bringing Gwen from out of her head as he clapped Edward on the back. "How about me and you go mess with Alex's photo shoot?"

Edward turned to look at Gwen, an almost apologetic and questioning look wavered in his golden eyes. She swallowed as she felt guilty. They had just almost kissed once more...And now, she was going to let him leave with Neville so she could speak to another man.

"I'll catch up with you two" Gwen said in as clear of a voice as she could muster, as she saw Edward hesitate, almost as though he was going to ask her to come along as well. Almost as though he was going to fight to stay...But something changed in his face as he simply nodded and followed Neville.

Whatever the hell was just about to happen, she needed to figure it out later. Because there was no way, she was about to explain to Harry how she and Edward almost kissed...While coincidentally, Edward was the spitting image of her first boyfriend. That was definitely a conversation she did not want to have.

Gwen turned to Harry. the two looking at each other once more, standing in complete silence as Gwen got lost in the green eyes.

"It's been...A while."

Harry gave her a small smile, "You look nice."

"You do too..."

She felt stupidly seventeen again, as though they were at Bill and Fleur's wedding, while they tried to sort out how they felt about each other after she ran away and Harry's recent breakup with Ginny. It felt messy. But it also felt familiar. She guessed, they would always have something between them. They would always feel this when they were together.

"Do you want to dance?" Harry asked, looking back at the dancers behind them and back to Gwen with a unsure smile.

She nodded, surprised by his question as he grinned brightly, as though he were unsure of the answer she was to give him. He held out his hand and she took it instantly.

She couldn't help but smile as she placed her hand in his. It was warm, it was familiar. It felt almost like coming home.

Almost.

"Since when do you dance...Well, willingly dance?" Gwen teased, as she felt the warmth of familiarity as Harry brought her against his chest.

It was a slow dance. Perfect for them to talk.

"You know you're the only person who could ever make me dance" Harry grinned.

They fell silent as they swayed with the music. Harry spun her around carefully, as she was surprised by his growing skill. He had definitely been working on it, as the last time they danced she was the one who was leading. She smiled warmly as she felt comfortable in his arms again. They were only 19....And yet, she felt as though she had lived an eternity with him already. She remembered the last time they had spoken, really spoke.