XXXV : The Exile

Gwen sighed as she watched the man she loved walk out the door, wondering how on earth she got to the point where she actively avoided her best friend. She quietly walked upstairs, taking her time in the shower and getting her head ready for what was in store. They were going to leave to Hogwarts that morning, that is, if Mundungus did his job.

The raven haired woman closed her eyes as she allowed the warm water to hit her face. She felt the small stings from the pressure of the water, as she believed it helped her focus. Her plan was clear:

Return to Forks. Take of the Newborns. Finish her report. And come back to find Hermione's parents.

That was what she should do.

That was her duty.

That was her assignment.

Her assignment was not her having a vampire who looked like her ex-boyfriend, confessing his feelings for her. Her assignment wasn't that vampire breaking up with his fiancé for her.

No.

That wasn't her...

There was so much Edward didn't know about her. So much she didn't want to tell him, because deep down, she loved the way he looked at her. As though she could do no wrong. As though she were the greatest person on this earth...

Gwen turned off the water as she knew she needed to stop thinking. It wasn't right. It wasn't fair to her. It wasn't fair to Edward. It wasn't fair to Harry.

She loved Harry. A part of her would always love him.

The reason she took this assignment was to get away, to clear her head. To exile herself and have an adventure where she could have some fun. To do something dangerous again...

She wasn't there to commit herself to anyone.

And yet... there was something there with Edward. Something she didn't think she could feel again. And something, she did not want to think about too hard.

Gwen got out of the shower as she covered her face with her hands. This was too much. This was all too much. She thought this assignment would be easy. It should have been...And then there she goes, signing up for an assignment with beautiful vampires. One in particular, that managed to make her feel all sort of feelings. All sorts of confusing feelings.

The raven haired woman wrapped a towel around her as she made it to her room, only to find Alex snoring comfortably in it. At first, she thought to make a loud horn noise with her wand to surprise him enough to wake him up. But as she saw his resting face, she couldn't help but smile as she was glad to finally see him sleeping. He looked too innocent while he was sleeping, so she held back.

Carefully and quietly, Gwen dressed for the day with a black turtle neck and pants to match, with a light blue coat to put it together. She took her time with her makeup, hiding her dark circles and giving her light touches to her features. She examined her long hair she had grown with a potion, and decided to keep it as she hasn't seen it long since cutting it off during the war...

She had always fancied it long anyway, so, maybe she would keep it.

Walking downstairs, she knew Edward was once again, in the kitchen. She wondered if he would bring up his confession to her, as she had promised they would speak about it as soon as they were both sober. Would he take back his words? Or would he claim they were true? Part of her just didn't want to know.

"Hi" Gwen said with a smile, as he was heating up the eggs he had cooked her.

"Good morning," Edward grinned, as Gwen noticed her was wearing a a new grey jacket, dark jeans, and a black turtleneck.