LIV : The Beginning

Wanting to give Cal as much time as possible with Leah, Gwen volunteered to pack up their belongings at the house they were leaving behind. In years past, MACUSA would only have to wipe the memories of the muggles of their very existence. But, due to Gwen being involved in the case and her jurisdiction being in Europe, MACUSA had to bend their usual rules.

Instead, the excuse for them leaving so quickly, was that Cal had collected the sufficient samples he needed and they were to return back to New York.

Gwen had written letters to a few of her friends from Forks High School, just saying goodbye. She figured they would probably not think it so suspicious if she said goodbye and didn't disappear so suddenly.

She gathered the last of their personal belongings, making sure to shower and clean herself up after the battle in the clearing. She dressed slowly, putting on a cream dress with a wine-colored tweed coat. Her coat was the real star of her outfit, having an a-line cut with beautiful velvet details.

Gwen grinned as she created waves in her hair, looking as though she never stepped foot into the clearing or stayed up most of the night at all.

She really couldn't quite believe the assignment was over. When she had first arrived to Forks, she was a woman running away, craving adventure. Wanting a change.

What she found in Forks, Washington was more than just change. She didn't expect to find a two new species; a family of Vampires and Werewolves, and even more, find the descendent of the first boy she had ever loved.

When she had first stepped into Forks, Washington, she thought she was doing herself a favor by seeking adventure. And though she knew she had made the right choice in coming to Forks, she also knew that it was time to go home. At least for a little while.

She would go to the Centaurs to seek out advice from them on this Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that Edward had spoken about. Maybe she would even confer with Carlisle about it, since she was almost sure that this term was not in any Healers manual in the Wizarding World.

She couldn't run away anymore. She needed to deal with whatever she had to deal with inside of herself. She needed to confront her guilt...She was a survivor after all.

Gwen took a deep breath as she gathered the jars of dragon blood she had brought with her from Hogsmeade, thinking of Bree.

She had one last stop before she and Cal had to leave. One last stop and one last thing to do.

*

The Cullens home was timeless and graceful, just as when she last saw it. It really was a beautiful house. Gwen felt herself smile, as she appreciated the soft, faded white paint of the three stories tall home. This was not the type of architecture seen in Hogsmeade or even Diagon Alley, but she certainly thought it should be.

In her mind, she could see Esme being the architect that the British Wizarding World needed. Edward had told her about how Esme had studied architecture for several years, often creating projects for herself from the homes they would move to.

Gwen then fondly remembered the look in his eyes when he spoke about how much Esme would love living in Hogsmeade...

Shaking her head from her thoughts that she knew she needed to get rid of, the raven-haired woman walked up the stairs to the front of the grand house, ringing the doorbell and waiting.

Gwen wondered if she should have just left the dragon blood with a note instead of physically seeing the Cullens again. She knew Edward and Bella probably wanted their space...