A New Home

~Techno POV~

Technoblade had been keeping the two of them moving for hours, it was midday now. Y/N had fallen asleep while they were travelling.

Her arms were wrapped around Techno from behind, keeping her from falling out of the saddle. When she started to slip, Techno stopped the horse and adjusted the girl so that she was in front of him, curled against his chest and riding side-saddle. Once that was done, they kept moving.

She's pretty... Keep her safe... We have to get to L'manburg... Dangerous... No choice...

Techno let the voices argue, not having the energy to silence them. Even so, the first of the remarks had a faint pink blush spreading over his cheeks.

The pair continued on their path and Techno slowed as he spotted a familiar blackstone wall in the distance.

"Finally..."

Hurry... Get back and check on Tommy... What if he's dead..?

"No." Techno refused to even consider the last part, kicking the horse gently to get them moving faster.

As the two people finally got within the walls, Techno shook Y/N to wake her up. She yawned before peering up at him, her head still resting on his chest. Her eyes were cloudy with drowsiness, although Techno found it oddly adorable.

"Come on, you need to wake up. We're safe here."

~Y/N POV~

She looked up at the pink haired man, whom she'd come to be friends with. He looked a bit anxious, clearly rushing to get somewhere. She stretched away the lingering weight of sleep and nodded, ready to follow him.

"Where are we?" Y/N asked the question, darting to catch up to her companion, who was already quickly walking towards the large walls in front of them.

"This is L'manburg. Just follow me, okay?"

Y/N nodded and looked around as they entered the walls. The area was small and a bit beaten up, but she could tell that it was a home to the people there. Techno was walking quickly over to a bus-like building in the middle of the walled area, and Y/N followed behind.

As the two of them entered the structure, Techno went over to a bed in the back corner. Curled up under the blankets was a blond boy, shivering and looking extremely ill.

"Techno who is that?"

~No POV~

To be completely honest, Techno had almost forgotten that Y/N was there. His mind was occupied worrying about Tommy, who was definitely getting worse.

Techno grumbled a bit as he gathered food for Tommy. "He's a good friend of mine. Obviously he's sick, but nobody here has the materials to make regen potions. Ghast tears are hard to find."

Y/N frowned and walked over to the blond boy. Tommy. The name was a bit familiar, although in his sickly state she couldn't recognise his face. "I might have some, if you can get me to an ender chest. I know how to make them."

Techno's head snapped up to look at her, the first flash of hope finally reaching him. If he was being completely honest, he had started losing faith that Tommy would make it. Y/N watched as the pink haired man rose to his feet, grabbing Y/N's hand and dragging her to the nearest enderchest.

"Get whatever you need, we have a brewing stand in the van."

Y/N nodded, quickly pulling out the few brewing materials she'd put in the chest. Once she was back inside the van, she began putting the ingredients together carefully. Potion brewing was usually something that took years of practice to master, and Y/N hadn't had nearly that much. It didn't matter though, as this was an important situation.

Once she finally finished brewing, she handed the small glass vial to Technoblade. His grip on the potion was delicate, almost as though he was holding a brittle flower.

"Come on Tommy, I need you to wake up and drink this for me."

The blond boy let out a grumble that usually would have made him seem drowsy. However it had a very different effect, making the boy seem weak and fragile.

"Techno?" The blonds voice broke as he spoke, almost as though he couldn't believe the other to actually be there.

"Shut up and drink the potion, Tommy. Seriously."

Tommy forced a weak smile, trying to have a sense of humour even in his ill state. "Alright, fine. Here's hoping you didn't give me poison instead, right big guy?"

Techno just rolled his eyes, watching as Tommy drained the potion bottle. Techno was adamant about him drinking every last drop of it too, none was going to waste.

Tommy already was starting to look better as he laid back down on the bed. It was reassuring, and Techno smiled at Y/N before taking the other two potions and holding them close.

Y/N spoke from behind the pink haired man, cleaning up her ingredients. "You should give him the second one in a few hours, and the third a few hours after the second. He should be up and moving in no time."

Techno was grateful to the girl, and quite honestly he wasn't sure what to say. So it came as quite the surprise when Techno suddenly had his arms firmly wrapped around Y/N, holding her against him.

"Thank you, Y/N."

"I- You're welcome, it's really not a huge deal though." Even as she tried to mutter the words, Techno tightened his arms around her.

He was warm, and after a few moments Y/N relaxed into his embrace. His warmth surrounded her, and as she closed her eyes she could faintly smell him. Warm, just like he felt. She'd quickly snapped herself out of those near dream-like thoughts, and gently pushed him away from her.

Techno, on the other hand, wasn't entirely sure what he was doing. He'd meant to hug her, yes, but when he'd held her tighter it was because he thought that Y/N was trying to leave. She was small, yet she fit in his arms perfectly. Even from just having her so close to him, he could feel her somewhat muscular frame. It made sense, she'd been living alone and isolated up until meeting Techno. She'd had to have gotten strong from that, she couldn't have survived any other way.

When the two of them finally parted, Y/N looked up at Techno. Her warm eyes had hints of admiration, with a few more that seemed almost like affection. Techno gave her a small smile, even more off brand for him. Since meeting Y/N he'd smiled more than most of his life, and as a twenty one year old man that was rather strange.

"Sorry, but thank you. You might've saved his life there." Techno spoke the words as he took a step back from the girl.

She smiled up at him, warm and kind. "No worries! I need to ask a favour though, you can consider it return for helping your friend."

Usually Techno would have been suspicious of favours, but he was fairly certain that Y/N didn't know about the rules of the Dream SMP, and with that came lack of knowledge about asking for favours.

So with a small sigh he nodded. "Sure, what do you need?"

"I need you to help me find Clay."

~

Authors Note

I'm super happy with how this story is progressing, and theres only going to be more angst and drama as it continues. I really hope you are enjoying it, and please check out some of my other stories too!

Also please remember to drink some water and have a snack today. :)

Hugs!

1270 Words