Prepare.

Y/N woke up early the next morning, her head rested comfortably against Techno's chest. He was still sound asleep, and his pink hair was falling out of its tight braid. She smiled at him as she slowly climbed out of bed. Techno rolled over when she did, curling up in a ball and staying asleep.

Y/N stood, stretching before quietly grabbing her coat and walking out the door. To her surprise, Toast was comfortably grazing with another horse.

"Ready for a trip, buddy?" Y/N spoke softly as she approached the horse.

She got a happy whinny one response, which had a smile spreading over her face. She set a thin cloth pad over the horses back, an attempt to spare him from the course leather of a saddle. Y/N gave Toast a gentle kiss on his nose before they ventured off.

~

It was a long trip, and Y/N sighed happily as she finally got back to L'manburg. She smiled when she saw Tommy and Tubbo running around, laughter trailing behind in their wake. Y/N slowly approached the boys, already feeling guilty about needing to ruin their fun.

"Tommy! Tubbo!" Y/N called out to them with a smile plastered on her face.

"Hey Y/N!" Tubbo spoke with pure joy, a bit out of breath from running around. "You look upset, what's wrong?" 

The girl looked at them with a slightly solemn expression. "You're not gonna like what I have to tell you, okay? Just hear me out before you freak out." 

Tommy looked unsure, but Tubbo nodded without hesitation. He gave Y/N an encouraging look, waiting for what she had to say. 

"You need to prepare. Something big is coming. I can't tell you what it is, but you need to make sure everybody is somewhere safe." 

"Why can't you tell us? Is somebody planning on attacking L'manburg?" Tommy sounded scared, his eyes darting around the area anxiously. 

"My loyalty is sworn elsewhere. I'll be a part of the attacking group, but-" 

Y/N was cut off by Tommy's yell, and she flinched back slightly from the noise. 

"What?! You traitor!" 

"Tommy it's not like that-"

"You've done nothing but fuck up my life! The one time I finally forgive you and here you are ruining everything again!" 

Tubbo tried to step in, setting a hand on his best friends shoulder in an attempt to calm the boy. His attempts were futile, as Tommy simply shrugged Tubbo off of him. 

"Tommy I don't want to hurt you, but I already promised Techno-"

"Technoblade?! So you're both traitors?! Next you're gonna tell me something even crazier, like you're working with that asshole you call a brother!" 

Y/N's voice was considerably softer when she spoke again, simply saying "yes."

"Y/N- You're kidding, you have to be fucking kidding! You hate Dream! Is he forcing you to do this? You can tell us, Tubbo and I can help you!" 

Tears began falling from Y/N's eyes, and she shook her head quickly. (I know I also hate that Y/N ends up crying in every single fic I apologise) 

"You don't get it Tommy! I made a promise to Techno months ago! I can't go back on it now, you should know that better than anyone! Working with Clay is a sacrifice I have to make in order to uphold my promise to Techno. I'm sorry." 

Y/N suddenly felt a sharp stinging pain in her cheek, and her eyes went wide with shock. Tommy looked furious, his hand slightly red from the impact. 

"You're right, I don't get it. I never carved off my friends wings, I never killed my mother, I never betrayed my friends. You're a monster, Y/N." 

The tears kept pouring as Y/N turned and ran. She didn't even think to mount Toast, she just kept running. She didn't wince at the familiar stinging pain in her chest, nor did she slow her pace. She ran nearly 3000 meters (A little under two miles, 3000 blocks. :) until she reached the snowy tundra where Techno's house sat. 

She knew he would still be inside, and she finally stopped running to walk inside. Tears were streaking down her face, a bright red mark apparent on her cheek. It would likely turn into a bruise within a day or two, but that wasn't what she was focused on at the moment. 

As Techno met her eyes, she broke down sobbing in his arms. 

~

He didn't ask any questions, simply holding the girl while she cried and mumbled incomprehensible words. He didn't even speak once she'd settled, gently placing his hand over top of the red handprint on her cheek. She welcomed the gentle touch, wiping her eyes and leaning into Techno's hand. 

"He called me a monster..." There was a slight tremor to her voice, and Techno's gaze softened. 

"Who?" 

He was careful to keep his voice soft, still comforting the girl. 

"Tommy." 

Techno kept his hands gentle but his eyes went dark with anger. 

"You're not a monster Y/N, just relax. You're safe here." 

The girl sniffled and nodded, curling into the chest of the pink haired man. He lightly kissed her forehead, wrapping his arms around her until she eventually fell asleep. 

Techno carefully set Y/N in his bed, allowing her to rest while he walked outside, his axe tightly gripped in his hand. He looked at his collection of wither skulls, a wicked grin on his face. 

"You'll fucking pay for hurting her, Tommy." 

~

Hi. :)

Some of you have been warned of the upcoming angst. 

If you haven't caught on yet-

You will soon. I bid you good luck. 

Don't forget to drink water loves! Also happy Pride Month!!!

<3

953 Words