Nightmares

I'm sorry for the really late update, I've been super busy recently and haven't had much time to write. Chapters should be posted more frequently now, so you guys won't have to wait as long. Thank you all for sticking around, and for getting this story to almost 2k views!

~

It was a few weeks after Tommy's exile, and Y/N had fallen asleep without too much difficulty, expecting to just sleep the night away in peace. She couldn't have been more wrong, as Dream suddenly forced his way into her mind and brought back memories she'd been grateful to forget.

~

Dream and Y/N had been arguing when Puffy walked in, stepping forward to break up the dispute between her children. Of course they weren't biologically hers, but she'd adopted both of them as babies and considered them to be her own. Puffy watched for a few moments as the argument turned into more of a fight and swords were drawn. Right as Y/N was about to lunge at Dream, she froze and let her sword hang loose by her side. Dream smirked at his cloudy-eyed sister before walking away. Puffy approached the girl, gently setting a hand on her shoulder. Y/N jumped and, thinking it was Dream, attacked with looking in advance. The blade pierced directly through Puffy's abdomen, and Y/N let out a choked scream as she watched her mother bleed out by her hand. All the while she could hear Dream laughing in the background of her mind.

~

Y/N jumped up, tears pouring down her face as she reminded herself of where she was. Out of habit she reached to her side, trying to find Techno next to her. The tears simply began again when she remembered that he wasn't there. Y/N had tried to go back and find Techno, but Dream had turned Tommy's exile into Y/N's exile as well. She was never meant to come back, and now Dream was enforcing those rules once more. Y/N hugged her knees to her chest, sniffling as she attempted to recover from her nightmare. It was so vivid, felt so real...

Y/N jumped and scrambled away as she heard footsteps approaching her. She relaxed once she recognised them as Tommy's and stood on shaky legs.

"Tommy..?"

The blonds head whipped around, his eyes boring into those of the girl that had been keeping him company.

"Dream? Or Y/N."

Y/N almost wanted to cry just from that statement alone. She wasn't able to tell Tommy what Dream could do, but he knew anyways. Just from the strange haze in her eyes whenever Dream took over. The girl nodded, doing a small signal with her hand that Dream hadn't picked up on yet. Tommy smiled, rushing forwards to hug the girl.

"I have a surprise for you, okay?"

Y/N tilted her head curiously. "What kind of surprise?"

Tommy grinned and laughed; his laugh was warm, practically contagious. "Well obviously the best one, since I'm the best man."

Y/N laughed a bit and rolled her eyes, nodding. "Alright, show me."

~

Y/N followed Tommy without question. Until they started to get into a frozen tundra, that is. She shivered from the sudden change in temperature and looked at the tall blond boy, confused. He smiled reassuringly and carefully wrapped his good wing around her. Warmth fell like a wave over Y/N and she gave the boy a grateful smile. He smiled back before stopping outside a very familiar cabin, one that Y/N hadn't even noticed until then.

"This is Techno's house... Is he here?"

Tommy shrugged. "I'm not sure, we can go inside and look though."

Y/N nodded happily, her and Tommy entering the cabin. It was warm, and Y/N couldn't help but smile as she recognised the smell of Techno in the air. She knew it was strange, but the familiar feeling of his presence was comforting. Her and Tommy sat down on the small couch, relaxing and waiting for Techno to return.

~Techno POV~

Techno was far from his home, headed directly towards Dream SMP land. He'd vowed not to return there unless absolutely necessary, but he considered this a part of that category. He'd messages Dream previously, asking for a time and location for them to meet. Now, Techno waiting impatiently for the blond to arrive.

"Technoblade." A voice spoke from behind the pink haired man, and he slowly turned to look at the blond.

"Dream. About time you showed up."

Dream scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I was occupied with other things, now what do you want."

"I want Y/N back. She doesn't deserve what you're doing to her, neither does Tommy."

Dream practically snarled at the other man, clearly not enjoying where the conversation was headed. "Tommy committed a crime, Technoblade. He needed to be punished. As for Y/N, I've dealt with her disobedience for far too long."

Techno lunged at the blond, shoving him back against the ground. "What do you think she is, some sort of dog?! You don't get to control her, she's a human being! Just leave her and Tommy alone, alright?"

Dream just laughed, disregarding the subtle threat of Techno's statement. "Or I could always cash in that favour, huh? Believe me there are far worse things I could be doing right about now."

Without another word, the blond teleported out of sight.

~Y/N POV~

Everything was hazy. Tommy had fallen asleep, Y/N knew that much. She could barely see, could barely hear for that matter. She knew she was moving, but couldn't be sure where.

It felt like hours before she heard any true noise, but it wasn't what she wanted to hear. The sound of explosions filled her ears, clearing her vision from the force of it. What Y/N didn't expect to see was a large crater where the community house used to stand, and a single stick of TNT clutched in her hand.

Shock and fear took over her as she began trembling, sobs wracking her body as she tried to figure out what happened. It didn't take long for it to hit her, and when it did, she rose on steady legs.

Dream has taken control again, and he'd made her do this. Dream has forced Y/N to blow up the community house, their home. She just didn't know why.

~

Thank you guys so much for reading! I'll be doing my best to post more chapters more often. I'm going on vacation in a few days, so I might be busy. Please stick around, as chapters will still be posted regardless!

1119 Words