Old Friends and New Stories

"Uh- Tommy this is Y/N. She helped save you when you were sick, and-" Techno was cut off by Tommy stepping towards Y/N, looking her up and down.

"Y/N..? You're back?"

Y/N's face lit up with a grin as she finally recognised the boy. He'd grown in the four years they'd been separated, and looked stronger.

"Heya there Tommy!"

The blond boy rushed forward, firmly hugging his friend. He was far taller now, and his chin rested just to the side of Y/N's head. 

"Where were you? I went looking, tried to visit you. I promise I did, Dream usually brought me back before I could get too far though."

Tommy pulled out of the hug so that the three of them could sit down, crowding around a small table in the center of the van. 

"There's a snow plains a good ways from here. It's a long travel, don't feel bad about not coming to visit."

Tommy nodded, looking at Techno for a moment before returning his gaze to Y/N. 

"How did you two meet? Techno isn't really one for socialising." 

Y/N let out a small laugh and smiled at Techno. "I found the idiot on my way to a village close to my home. He was by himself and we formed a small alliance since then. Although I'd like to think we're friends now." 

Techno scoffed and rolled his eyes, not buying into friendship. As much as he trusted the girl, he was wary of calling anyone a friend. Even so, the idea of Y/N being a friend was oddly tempting, and Techno finally surrendered, nodding his head slightly. 

"Sure, friends." 

~

Over the next few weeks, Y/N started to feel more at home in L'Manburg. It was way different from what she was used to, but it was a close community and the people there were kind. Tommy had made it his mission to introduce Y/N to as many people as possible, including his best friend Tubbo. They all got along quite well, and Y/N even started to join in on the friendly teasing that went on between many of the citizens. 

Techno had been vanishing randomly and going off to an unknown location, but nobody really questioned it. After a particularly long departure, Techno walked down the path in L'Manburg towards Y/N, who was teasing Fundy. 

"How did you mess that up! It's so easy!" Her tone was harsh, but still joking. It was obvious that there wasn't any hostility between the two of them. 

"Well if it's so easy then why won't you do it?" Fundy retorted quickly, crossing his arms. 

"Watch me!" Y/N grinned at her friend before climbing a tall makeshift tower they'd made, looking down at a small yet deep lake next to them. Techno could tell what the goal was now; jump off the tower and make it into the pond. 

Fundy laughed from the ground, ready to place a slime block in case Y/N missed her jump. Neither of them wanted the other to get hurt, so they were taking some precautions. 

Y/N gave a joking salute to Fundy before leaping off the tower, angling her body into a diving position and sinking beneath the water. When she broke the surface again her hair was soaking wet, along with her clothes. She grinned as she climbed out of the lake, walking towards Fundy. 

Neither of them had seen Techno yet, so the pink haired man walked towards them. Upon seeing one of her closest friends, Y/N rushed forward to hug the man. 

"Techno! You're back!" 

Techno couldn't help but smile a bit as he hugged the girl, not too concerned about his clothes getting wet. "What, did you miss me?"