Dream

~No POV~

"Nice to see you too, Clay."

Techno noticed the variation in Y/N's tone. The hints of hope mixed in with pain and what almost sounded like fear.

"I didn't say it was nice to see you. I'm in a hurry, so let's get this over with."

Unlike Y/N's easy to read expressions, Dream was a blank slate. Even on the rare occasion where he didn't have his mask tied to his face, his voice never gave of any indication of what he was feeling. It was often one of the most intimidating things about the blond, not considering his mastery of manipulation.

"I'm not giving you anything Clay. I could've told you that when you first came to me. You were the one who decided to drag this on."

Dream pulled out a sword at that, looking angry. "Don't be like that Y/N, remember how you used to follow me around all the time? I'm your big brother, your idol!"

"You're the reason i've spent four years living out in the middle of nowhere! You're the reason everybody in this stupid fucking SMP hates me!"

"And it was all a lie too!"

The room was suddenly dead silent as Y/N processed what her brother had just said. She'd always known it was a lie, but she never thought that Dream would've been the one to make it up.

"You turned everyone against me..." Y/N sounded broken, her voice breaking towards the end of the statement.

And Dream laughed. He laughed at his little sisters pain, at the betrayal. He found it funny, like an old joke between friends.

"Yeah, I did. None of them doubted me for a second either! I stole Tommy's discs! I messed with the floor to make you trip when you stabbed Sapnap! I told everybody that it was you! And they all believed me!"

The blond was crazy. There was no denying it, not with the crazed look in his eyes and the wicked, maniacal laughter that poured out of him.

"Clay... Why..."

Y/N had tears in her eyes now, although she was trying her best to hide them. She was doing a good job at it too, but Techno spotted the wetness lining her lashes. He hated seeing her cry, it made him feel like he'd failed to protect her.

The pig man wrapped his arms around Y/N's shoulders, holding her against his chest. It was a subtle bit of comfort, but it was enough to allow Y/N to regain a bit of her former confidence.

Dream on the other hand was not happy about seeing his sister in the arms of his enemy. "Is there something going on between you two?! Get the fuck away from my sister Technoblade!"

"Clay I asked you a question and you sure as hell better give me an answer."

The girl sounded oddly terrifying now, her anger finally starting to bubble over. Whereas Dream had been holding his sword the entire time, Y/N hadn't brought a single weapon with her. Yet, even unarmed and outmatched, she was genuinely scary.

"You were getting in my way! I needed you gone so that I could control the SMP. And guess what? It worked! You left and everybody listened to everything I said! Hell I'd even say they all forgot about you!"

"You're my brother! We were supposed to be a team, you fucking traitor!"

Dream snapped, lunging forward and pressing his sword firmly against his sisters neck. She tried to shove him off, but he hardly budged.

"I was doing what I had to do, Y/N. Now give me what I wanted and I might just let you live."

He was cruel, growling out the threat and making it sound like poison.