As We Say Goodbye

Niki and Techno were rushing as quickly as possible to get back to L'manburg, and Eret was in a frenzy as Y/N began coughing up blood. The liquid was darker than it should've been, nearly black as it covered the cloth pressed to Y/N's mouth. 

"Deep breath Y/N, I know it hurts. Gods I'm so sorry." 

Eret was struggling to keep Y/N breathing, her lungs filled with blood and wither poison. The girl tried to take a breath, sobbing when she could hardly get any air. She hardly had the strength to hold herself in a sitting position anymore, crumpling to the bed in a heap. Eret was trying not to panic, holding the girl against their chest to try and give her a last stretch of comfort. 

Her breathing shallowed, and Eret had to slap her cheek to keep her eyes from closing. 

"Don't give up on us yet, Y/N. Techno will be here soon, you need to stay awake just a little while longer." 

Y/N gave a weak nod, now determined to keep her eyes open. 

~

It wasn't much longer before Techno and Niki both came bursting through the door. Techno and Y/N locked eyes, the girl giving the faintest trace of a smile. Eret set Y/N in Techno's arms, stepping back to stand beside Niki while the other two had a final moment. 

"You were supposed to stay safe..." 

Her voice was barely heard, the faintest whisper in the near silent room. "I've never been good at following directions." 

Techno sighed and shook his head, holding Y/N as the room fell entirely silent. It stayed like that for a few more moments before Y/N spoke again. 

The words came out forced with a choked, pained voice. "Techno...?"

The man had his arms around the girl, holding her in his lap. "Right here Y/N. You're gonna be okay, don't worry."

Y/N forces a weak and exhausted smile, wincing from the action. "It hurts, Techno."

Techno struggles to keep his tears down as he nods, holding Y/N tighter. "I know. Just listen to my voice. You still trust me, right?"

The girl in his arms laughed softly, coughing after. "Of course I do."

Techno took a shaky breath and smiled a bit. "Then just close your eyes, it'll go away. I'll stay right here with you until you wake up."

Y/N smiled and gingerly reached up, grasping Techno's face in a shaky grip. She tenderly pressed her lips against his before curling against his chest, closing her eyes. Techno didn't need to verify what he already knew; she was gone, laying still and going cold in his arms. The tears finally flooded over, spilling down his cheeks as he sobbed over the dead girls body. 

~

And that's it! Thank you guys so much for reading this story! Since I've already gotten requests for a happy ending chapter, I'll be working on that in a few days. 

I'm so happy that this story did well, and I'm glad you all enjoyed reading. 

<3