Newfound Asylum

~Y/N POV~

Y/N was a bit surprised to wake up beside Techno. She remembered what had happened the night before, but once she'd fallen asleep she was positive that he would've moved her. Even so, her head rested comfortably on his chest, which rose and fell with each breath he took. He was awake, too; Y/N could tell by the way a hand leisurely stroked her hair.

After a few more moments the hand stilled, resting on Y/N's shoulder instead.

~Techno's POV~

"Good morning." Techno's voice was gravely, making Y/N jump a bit.

"Morning. Did you sleep well? At least, well after... that..."

Techno raised an eyebrow, curious but not questioning her further. "I didn't go back to sleep. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with surprise. Techno could see a bright pink blush on her cheeks, causing a faint one to form on his own face.

Can we touch her?... Do you think she'd get mad?... Worth the risk...

Techno surrendered to the voices as his hand slowly rose, cupping her cheek. His thumb ran gently over her skin and she closed her eyes, smiling and leaning into the touch. It was a tender moment, something that neither of them expected from the other.

Techno had started to pull his hand away, meaning to apologise. It was a shock to him when Y/N grabbed his hand, moving it back to her face. She was blushing, he could clearly see it now.

"What are you doing?" He kept his voice soft so as not to startle her again.

Y/N looked up at him before looking away and biting her lip. "Sorry. Just felt nice I guess..."

Techno smiled before gently pulling Y/N towards him, hugging her tightly. "Do you want to talk about that dream of yours?"

~No POV~

Y/N took a deep, shaky breath, releasing it heavily after.

"You know what I did... To Tommy."

Techno hesitated a bit before nodding. "Yeah. I remember. I remember it really well actually."

Tears began falling from Y/N's eyes as she recalled everything she'd done. Techno held her close, his hand gently rubbing her back.

"I don't blame you for it. I know there was something else going on. I could see it when you and Dream first showed up."

Y/N just shook her head, not really listening to his words. "I hurt him. I broke his wing, why doesn't he hate me?! Why don't you hate me?!"

She was sobbing now, clinging onto Technoblade as though he was going to be dragged away from her. He continued to hold her close, allowing her to feel safe and secure in his arms. 

"Clay, he made me do it! I swear I didn't want to!" Y/N was borderline hyperventilating now.

"Shh... You're okay, just breathe and calm down. I know you didn't want to do it, and nobody is mad at you." 

Y/N nodded, sniffling and wiping her eyes. "Promise?" 

Techno gave her a comforting smile and nodded back. "I promise."

~

Once Y/N had finally relaxed again, the two of them mostly stayed in Techno's room for the rest of the day. Neither one minded the company, and Techno kept his arms wrapped protectively around the girl. She enjoyed the contact, even though it usually would have made her uncomfortable. With Techno it was safe, making her feel almost at home. 

The pair remained there for a few hours before Techno jumped, hearing a sharp knock at the door. He gently moved Y/N, who stood and followed him to see who was there. She stood at the stairway, watching as Techno stood in front of the now open door. His face had fallen slack with shock and Y/N slowly made her way towards him. 

Technoblade took a stumbling step away from the door, allowing Y/N to glimpse the flash of dark grey feathers brushing the frame. 

"Phil..? Wilbur..?" 

~

After Techno had invited the two men inside, they all sat down in the old, somewhat dusty living room. It was fairly obvious that it hadn't been used in a while, not that anybody really minded. 

"Phil I thought you were dead, what are you doing here?" 

Techno clearly had a ton of questions, and before they could all tumble out at once Y/N had her hand gently on his shoulder. The gesture was subtle but enough to calm the pink haired man down, letting him and Philza think. 

Philza smiled looked over Techno. "You've grown a bit since I've seen you last."

"It's been four years, Phil. You've been gone for four fucking years." Techno sounded angrier now, and he was angry. 

He abandoned us... Dadza!... What's wrong with Wilbur?... Why were they gone for so long?...

"Look, I'm sorry Techno. I did what I had to do. I wanted to come back sooner, but figuring out what was going on with Wilbur took longer than expected though."

"And what would that be? What's wrong with him, is he okay?" 

Despite his lingering anger, Techno couldn't deny that he'd been extremely worried about Wilbur. The boy was practically his younger brother, and even though he hated it Techno was very overprotective of both Wilbur and Tommy. 

Philza sighed, glancing over at Wilbur. The boy was entertaining himself with the same blue sheep they'd found beside him as a child. "Everywhere we went said he was just insane. From what we can tell that sheep helps keep him calm." 

Techno sighed and nodded, looking over at his brother again. As his gaze went back to Phil, he remembered Y/N still sitting next to him. He was about to introduce her when he realised she was fast asleep, her head resting on his shoulder. He sighed and allowed her to sleep, picking up conversation with Phil again.

~

Not me starting to run out of ideas and rushing a chapter out. Couldn't be me, never. I'm kidding, I still have a bunch of ideas, just kind of difficult figuring out how to fill the gaps between each of the future events. Although do you guys want more hurt/comfort, more angst, more Dream and Y/N drama, or a major character death. Because I can be a bitch and kill somebody off if you want. 

Anyways, take care of yourselves! Love you guys!

<3

1060 Words