10

The naughty sun rays covering my face, reflecting the light on my blond hair. It wasn't a normal morning day because she was near to me, more than usual.

The house was quiet and silent, excepting Sucrose's soft snoring. It was 9:00 and she still sleeping, that may be caused by her regular insomnia. Sucrose usually thinks about things that might not concern her, but worries her. And that constant worrying doesn't let Sucrose to have good sleeping habits. Our work schedule starts at 7:00, but I will not care this day. I fell asleep too, she deserves a rest since all the work I gave to her a days ago.

I folded the blankets Sucrose lend me and placed them at a side of the couch. And then, I heard the sound of small feet walking downstairs. She was there, with her sleeping coat and her slippers, rubbing eyes and yawning. When she realized I was awake, she got surprised. She didn't expect me to wake up so earlier, then I told her that we were two hours late for working, but she corrected me.

—“Mr. Albedo, it's saturday” — She spoke and then started chuckling.

My face became a painting of shame. She and I started laughing when another person started walking downstairs. It was Endora, who said we were noisy. Sucrose apologized and Endora accepted the apology. Sucrose hugged Endora as a good morning greeting, and she hugged her too. But Endora didn't take too much into Sucrose's arms, and leaved her to come to me and hug me.

—“Good morning, dad” — She called me like a parent, and I did nothing but blush, while greeting and hugging her back.

I looked at Sucrose waiting for an uncomfortable reaction, but we both had the same. She didn't look uncomfortable, but her face was as red as a cherry, a sweet cherry. And for a moment, I forgot the kind of relationship we had, because I felt welcomed in this family. We were a family now? How can I know that? Does she think we are?

Sucrose quickly leaved the living room and headed to her room for getting her clothes changed, and I stayed with Endora, who was sitting next to me in the couch.

—“So I am your dad now, right?” — I asked sarcastically.

—“Yes, you are.” — She answered whike chuckling.

—“Huh? And why do you think so?” — I was getting curious about the situation.

—“Don't you love my mom?” — She asked to me, creating my face blush. I held my chin while looking to another side for thinking, because she was correct. —“You don't need to answer me, but you must answer to her.”

The feeling of being called "dad" made me chill, but it was a heart warming feeling. It was new to me to feel like that, but somehow I liked it. Now I have a daughter, and I didn't even realize.

Sucrose finally came to the living room. She was dressing a long navy blue skirt and a white short-sleeved shirt. As her hairstyle, she tied her hair into a bun and let her hair hang down in front, which made her feel confident. She looked so good in those clothes.

Then, she looked at me, who still in the couch, and asked me with that sweet voice.

—“Mr. Albedo, are we going somewhere to have breakfast?” — She said.

—“Of course we are, Sucrose.” — I got up from the couch. —“Can I take you both to Springvale and spend a nice family date?” —Said Sucrose, who blushed while nervously intertwined her hands.

—“Mom, say yes, please!” —Endora held Sucrose's arms tightly as she made a cute gesture to convince her. —“I want to visit Springvale once again!”

—“It's okay, we are going.” —She nervously answered. —“But I don't think you would like to go with your uniform” —She suggested to me.

I said to Sucrose I would be going to my house first, and we would meet at the entrance of Mondstadt. She accepted, and as quick as I leaved, I headed to my house. I was thinking about how Endora gave me such an important role in her life, and how I needed to show her that I'm capable to fulfill my duty as "dad". They added me to their family, I need to show them I can do it.

That day I dressed in a white long-sleeved turtleneck shirt and jeans, trying to match Sucrose's outfit. I let my hair down, because I thought Sucrose would like to see me like this. Although really, why am I so interested in how she sees me? Why do I want her to like me?

Finally arrived to the place we said, and walked through the bridge for leaving Mondstadt. Endora was so excited about going out of Mondstadt. She was holding my hand, while she asked Sucrose to hold her too. She accepted. Endora was happy to have us by her side. Her love was flowing like water, but actually is Water which Flows Like True Love. We looked like an actual family, and my heart was beating fast. It's an amazing feeling to be called "dad" and have a family because I haven't seen mine since... A lot of time ago... I wonder what's she doing now.

We arrived to Springvale, and Endora was amazed by the place, even if she haves already been there. We looked for Brook to sell us some food, and we three had an amazing dinner. As we finished, I wanted them to go and walk somewhere, I wanted to spend some time with my family. They accepted.

We headed to Springvale Lake, where Endora was amazed by the place's esthetic and appearance. It was a private place, so we wouldn't be bothered by anyone. We three sat at the lake side. Sucrose was feeling happy, I could notice it in her frequent smiles and chuckles. I realized that my feeling for her were huge, but I didn't want to obligate her to like me. I wanted my love to be reciprocated, but I wanted to know if she wanted it the same way.

—“Thank you for bringing us here, Mr. Albedo” —She smiled at me, making me feel like a little boy in front of his first love.

—“It's nothing, Sucrose, but I would like to ask you something”. — I said to her.

—“Anything, Mr. Albedo.” — She accepted the request.

—“Sucrose, what do you feel for me?”