11

My words impacted Sucrose. She wasn't expecting such a question like that. I could see how nervous she was, and her face turned into a sweet strawberry. Then, I decided to change the request, because she seemed to be uncomfortable.

—“Nevermind, Sucrose, It was rude of me to ask such a question.” — I said to her.

—“Mr. Albedo, I have feelings for you.” —She confessed, making my heartbeats run as the wind. —“But I'm afraid of going out of the boundaries and my feelings are not reciprocated” — She was worried about the confession she did. I gently held her hand and gave her a small kiss, provoking her face turn redder. She looked to the other side and spoke to me. —“Mr. Albedo, Does that mean something?”

—“It does, Sucrose”. —I answered to the question. I felt like I was about to pass out. This moment made me feel so happy. —“If you're afraid of your feelings not being reciprocated, then you have nothing to worry about now, because they are.” —I said to her. She covered her mouth with her left hand. Endora was looking to us with an excitement face. She was amazed by our confessions. But I couldn't hide this secret anymore. —“I love you, Sucrose.” — I confessed.

—“I love you too, Mr. Albedo” — She confessed to me.

I've never experienced such a feeling like this. I didn't spend my childhood with my family, I've never fell in love with anyone until now. I thought that human feelings were useless, but now I can't help falling in love with her face, with her smile, with Sucrose. She was all I needed, and I hope I am enought to her.

—“Does that means Mom and Dad are a happy couple now?” — Endora interrumpted our moment, but I was expecting someone to ask such a question.

—“It depends of what Sucrose says, Endora” — I said to her, expecting an answer by Sucrose.

—“Yes, Endora” —She accepted. —“Me and Dad are a couple in love” — She said while killing me with those sweet eyes of her. But it was totally forgivable.

My heart was about to leave my body. I felt how it was beating so fast. We were now an actual family, and that feeling is completely satisfactory. We were two adults in love of each other. No one was even going to stop or separate us. I had a family, and I was willing to give it my all for it.

Our familiar date finished a few minutes after this glorious moment. I decided to go back to Mondstadt, walking them home and then visiting Auntie Klee. They both accepted.

While leaving Springvale, Sucrose and I held the hands of our daughter once again. She was happy of having us, and happy of us supporting her. And for me, it was a duty I needed to fulfill. She mustn't experience what I did when I was young, I was determined to make her feel like family.

At the entrance of Mondstadt I decided to stop at Flora's place. I bought Sucrose a sweet flower and Endora a Lucette. My sunshines needed a present by Dad Albedo. Sucrose blushed slightly, taking the flower from my hands. When our hands touched, I felt a chill run through my entire body. It was inevitable to feel so loved. Endora thanked by the gift, and we continued walking to Sucrose's house.

We finally arrived. Sucrose opened the door and Endora ran to her room while screaming things like “Mom and Dad are finally together”. Sucrose and I chuckled. And before we said goodbye, I held Sucrose's hands. They were warm and soft, as the cotton.

—“Mr. Albedo, I...” —She spoke, but I interrumpted her.

—“Albedo, and just Albedo” —I corrected her.

—“Right, Albedo.” — She smiled at me. —“Your name sounds good when there's no formality in it. Albedo...” —Sucrose started to repeat my name, making my heart beat so fast. —“Albedo, I love you”

—“I love you too, Sucrose.” — I said while moving her forehead hair and giving her a warm kiss there. —“Please, take care of our daughter and you” —I said when holding her face with my right hand.

—“I always do, silly.” —She answered to me. —“And take care of you too.” —She put her right hand on mine. —“Are you coming today too, right?”

—“If it's correct, so I can continue observating Endora” —I answered.

—“I will be waiting for you”

We said goodbye to each other, and I headed to the Seat of The Knights of Favonius. I was so excited by telling Klee about this.

When I entered the place, Klee was already waiting for me. She ran into me and gave me a hug. We both leaved the place and went walking to Mondstadt main square, where the Barbatos statue was. We found a bench and sat there.

—“And how is your investigation going, Albedo?” — Klee asked to me, without a clue of what I wanted to talk at the start.

—“If you're speaking about the rock I found at Dragonspine, I have new information.” —I said to her. —“But if you are asking me about Endora, I haven't investigate that much”.

—“And why so, Brother?” — She asked to me. —“Aren't you living in Sucrose's house? Doesn't that make it easier?”

—“Klee, Endora called me dad.” —I said to her, who was speechless. —“And also, I did it.”

—“You did what?” —She didn't understand me. —“You did ‘that’?” —I nodded.

—“It flowed perfectly. Me and Sucrose finally have a relationship beyond boss to assistant” — I said to her, with shine on my eyes. —“Now you're actually Auntie Klee.”

Klee was asking me for any detail, and I was excited for telling her about my new experience. Sucrose and I were finally together, and that makes me feel happy. I daydreamed lot of times about a date with her, without realizing my feelings for her. I was blinded by my feeling of rejection of human relationships. But they are not that bad. And actually, love is something that everyone should feel at least once.

Arc II : The meaning of Family