Chapter 1

"You know…" Jennie says with wonder in her voice. "One day, I'll get married too. Just like aunt Jessica."

Jisoo looks at Jennie who is laying on her right. The light is coming through the window of the small tree house, landing right on the auburn haired girl's freckled face. Jennie's hair almost looks on fire with the light on them, and the brunette doesn't think her friend could be more beautiful than she is at this exact moment.

They've both been laying on their backs on the floor of the tree house, catching their breaths after going into a fit of laughter.

An hour or two earlier, Jennie had rushed to her best friend's house after a two weeks vacation in New Orleans. The girls had never been apart for so long before. They had a lot of catching up to do, so they begged their mothers to let them have a sleepover. Chaerin and Dara agreed, so Jisoo and Jennie went back to the Jennie's home.

For a long time, all Jennie can talk about is her aunt's wedding and how magical it had been. So, it didn't really surprise Jisoo when Jennie suggested for them to stage a fake wedding. Of course Jisoo agreed to play along. The girls dressed up into their fanciest dresses, and climbed up into the tree house with a bag full of stuffed animals and decorations. Jisoo lined up the stuffed animals while Jennie decorated the room, and when they were done, the ceremony began.

When the ceremony was about to end, Jennie said they had to kiss and Jisoo couldn't contain her laughter anymore. Jennie tried to scold her, but soon enough she was laughing along with her best friend.

And that's how they ended up in this position, laying on the floor and looking at each other.

"I'm gonna wear a long and beautiful white dress." Jennie says, her eyes sparkling. "I want magnolias, no other flowers. And… I don't think I want a lot of people there. Just my family, my husband's and our friends. You'll be there, of course. You'll be right by my side."

Jisoo's smile only gets bigger. She listens to every little detail Jennie is willing to share about her dream wedding, secretly keeping track of everything that's coming out of her best friend's mouth. Her eyes never leave the freckled face of the other girl.

Later that night, Jisoo finds herself writing down what Jennie told her earlier. Every little detail she can remember, not leaving a single thing behind. Jennie's dream wedding sounds so nice. Jisoo wishes hers could be as perfect as her best friend's. She tries to imagine it, but the only images coming to her mind are tainted by the description of Jennie's wedding plans. After a while, the brunette gives up.

Jisoo hides the list in a little box that's hidden under her bed. This box is full of things Jisoo collected over the years, and strangely, lots of those things are related to memories she shares with Jennie. She folds the note with precaution, puts it inside and closes the box again. The brunette puts it back where it belongs before she climbs into bed.

That night, Jisoo dreams of a wedding and of two girls who look strangely like an older version of Jennie and her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jenie & Jisoo - Ages 10/9 - School Dance

It's Jennie's last Elementary school dance. Actually, it's the last time she'll step foot in this school again. The gym is beautifully decorated, and there's blue everywhere. She's been hanging out with some kids from her class, dancing and just having fun with them.

Jisoo's there too, but they're in different crowds tonight. Sometimes, it's harder to spend time with her best friend when there's other kids around. Kids her age don't understand why she's friends with a younger girl, and Jennie feels there's no point in explaining anything to them. Jisoo is one of the most important people in her life, and nothing can change that.