Chapter 12

Jennie & Jisoo - 19/19 & 20/19 - May 1st to May 3rd

The butterflies in Jisoo's stomach are flying strong as she knocks on the door of Jennie's apartment. It will be the first weekend she's gonna spend at Jennie's place, and she can't wait to have some alone time with her best friend.

Her time with Jennie only seems to get more and more rare, and unfortunately it doesn't help the brunette's feelings go away. She now has Bona in her corner though. Their friendship has beautifully bloomed since New Year's Eve, and it's to Jisoo's greatest pleasure. Bona is charming and flirty, and she respects Jisoo's boundaries, something the brunette is really thankful for.

Jennie quickly opens the door when she hears Jisoo knock.

"Jisoo! You're finally here." The auburn haired girl excitedly says.

Jennie gently grabs Jisoo's wrist and pulls her inside the apartment. Jisoo giggles and lets her best friend pull her in without any resistance. As soon as she's in, the brunette is hit by how Jennie's place just seems to perfectly suit her. The colors, the decorations, the furniture…

"Welcome home, Chu." Jennie softly says by Jisoo's side.

The younger girl quickly looks at her friend. "Your home."

Jennie rolls her eyes with a smile. "Which means it's also yours."

Instead of saying anything, Jisoo places her bag on the floor and quickly hugs Jennie. She closes her arms around the auburn haired girl's waist and lifts her off the ground. Jennie's laughter invades the apartment as Jisoo twirls her around in her arms.

"I missed you!" Jisoo says as she finally lets Jennie's feet touch the floor again.

Jennie giggles. "I missed you too. Now, come on. I'm gonna show you around."

Jennie takes jisooosy hand in hers, intertwining their fingers quickly and naturally. She guides Jisoo around the apartment. The auburn haired girl is still talking excitedly, and Jisoo never gets to say a word. She doesn't mind though. She could listen to Jennie talking all her life. When the tour is done, Jennie tells Jisoo to get comfortable while she orders food for dinner. Jisoo sits down on the couch and looks around. Jennie may have shown her around, the brunette feels like she barely had time to look at a single room properly. There's pictures hanging all around the living room, and Jisoo smiles softly as she looks at every one of them. Jennie's family is in most of them, and so is Jisoo. There's one picture that Jisoo doesn't recognize. It's the older girl with Bona, Sehun and Taehyung.

Jennie suddenly sits down on the couch right next to Jisoo, making the brunette jump in surprise. The older girl lets herself sink deeper into the soft cushions and sighs as she looks at her best friend with a special kind of softness in her eyes.

"I ordered pizza from a place that's near. They have a delicious vegan pizza."

Jisoo smirks. "Why did you, Jennie Kim, try their vegan pizza?"

"To make sure you'd like it, of course."

"Jennie…" Jisoo says barely above a whisper. "You're so sweet."

The older girl shrugs. "I just want what's best for you." She pauses for a second or two. "Talking about that… I heard you and Bona have been talking a lot."

Jisoo nods. "Yeah."

"That's all I get?"

"There's nothing else to say, Jennie." Jisoo says with a sigh. "Bona and I are friends. We've been talking a lot, but I haven't seen her since New Year's Eve."

The brunette sees that Jennie doesn't fully believe her, but the auburn haired girl doesn't prompt her to say more. They soon move on to lighter subject of conversation and settle on watching a movie together. It takes little to no time before Jennie snuggles herself close to Jisoo. The way they fall into old patterns and ways so naturally always baffles the younger girl. They spend the whole night chatting and watching movies, and it's entirely too easy for Jisoo to forget Taehyung and Bona even exist.