Chapter 2

Jennie & Jisoo - 15/14 - September

The nervousness that comes with starting High School makes Jisoo feel sick. She doesn't get any sleep the night before her first day, and when she goes downstairs to join her mother and Irene for breakfast she can feel just how upset her stomach is. She still sits down at the table and smiles though, she doesn't want to worry her mother and her twin.

As she forces herself to eat her single toast, Jisoo watches her sister run around. It's almost funny, the way Irene tries to get ready on time. The brunette twin would love to feel just like her sister about High School. She'd love to get rid of this uneasy feeling that eats her up, but it doesn't seem to work like that.

"Soo, finish eating! Jennie and  Chaerin should be here at any second now." Irene scolds her.

Jisoo sighs, but she still takes a bite from her toast. She can feel the eyes of her mother on her, but she doesn't dare look back. It would allow her mother to see right through her, and Jisoo's not sure she could handle it right now. As to escape Dara's intense gaze, Jisoo quickly finishes her breakfast before standing up, intending to get her backpack from her room.

"Jisoo, wait…" Dara says before blocking Jisoo's path. "Are you okay, sweetie?"

"I'm good, mom." Jisoo says, forcing a smile.

Dara gives her an unconvinced look that makes Jisoo sigh loudly.

"I'll be late if you don't let me go."

This time the little smile Jisoo gives her mother is a lot more genuine than the first. Dara smiles back, even though she knows her daughter might not be as fine as she claims to be. Her eyes never leave Jisoo as the brunette climbs the stairs.

Jisoo barely has the time to grab the straps of her backpack when Irene yells from downstairs.

"Jennie is here!"

In a matter of seconds, Jisoo's is running downstairs and out of the house. She quickly sees that her sister and best friend are having an argument, and it really doesn't help the anxiety she already feels.

"Hey, what's wrong here?"

"Chu! Finally, your sister is being impossible again." Jennie says, clearly relieved to see her best friend.

"I just want us to listen to some upbeat songs for once!"

"Irene, for the hundred time, this is my mother's car and I am in charge-"

Jisoo interrupts her. "Irene, stop arguing. You get to ride in the front seat."

Irene rolls her eyes but still opens the door and sits in the car. Jennie's mouth falls as she sees the blonde get in, and then she looks at Jisoo.

Jisoo sighs. "I'm not in the mood for a fight. Just sit in the back with me?"

Jennie starts to get worried in the blink of an eye. She gets closer to the brunette and puts her hands on Jisoo's shoulders. Jisoo immediately feels the blush that covers her cheeks. The only thing she manages to do under Jennie's intense stare is to look away.

"How many hours did you sleep?"

"None…"

"Jisoo!"

"I was nervous!"

Jennie sighs and closes her eyes to keep her calm. When she opens them again, all Jisoo sees in the ocean blue pools is worry and care, and she'd be a liar if she said it doesn't feel good.

"You're all pale, and there's dark circles under your eyes." Jennie gently says. "Did you eat something this morning?"

Jisoo nods. "Can we just go to school? I promise I'll be fine."