Chapter 6

Jennie  & Jisoo - 16/15 - November 28

When Jisoo wakes up, the first thing she notices is that she feels warm and safe. There's a firm arm around her waist that keeps her close to the body that's laying next to her on the bed. The smell that comes with the person makes Jisoo smile, and she immediately knows who's holding her. Jennie's face is buried in the back of the brunette's neck, and when she exhales, it tickles Jisoo a little. Their legs are tangled together, and somehow it makes Jisoo feel like they were made to be like this, perfectly intertwined.

She spends a long moment like this. Not moving, not talking, barely breathing. She's so scared to do something that would make Jennie move, intentionally or not. She just wants to enjoy this for a little while longer. This peace, this safety. She just wants to be held by the girl she loves for a little while longer.

After a couple of minutes, Jisoo resigns herself to move out of Jennie's tight embrace. She needs to use the bathroom, and some food would be good too. As softly as she can, Jisoo moves Jennie's arm away from her waist. She gets out of bed as slowly as she can, hoping she won't wake her best friend up. Jennie lets out a little grunt, but she doesn't open her eyes. Jisoo watches with a little smile as the auburn haired girl replaces her with a pillow. Jennie holds Jisoo's pillow tight, buries her face in it, and then she stops moving. She's sleeping again.

She sighs, and looks at Jennie for a couple of seconds, then she slips out of the room. Jisoo walks inside the house like it's a second home, 'cause after all it basically is. She spent a lot of time here growing up. She'd often join Jennie on her vacations here, and she loved every second she spent in New Orleans.

Jisoo finds the bathroom in no time. After she's done there, she heads downstairs. She can hear noises coming from the kitchen as well as the divine smell of pancakes. She walks to the kitchen and can't help but smile when she sees the mess Chaerin made in the kitchen.

"Do you need any help?"

Chaerin jumps when she hears Jisoo's voice. She places a hand over her heart and closes her eyes as she lets a little laugh out.

"You scared me, sweetheart."

Jisoo chuckles. "Sorry, Chaerin. I didn't mean to."

"Don't worry about it." She waves Jisoo over. "Now, come here and help. I always forget how to make your vegan pancakes."

Jisoo's smile gets bigger, and she quickly goes to stand next to Chaerin. They work together, and Jisoo patiently goes through the steps with the blonde woman. Chaerin follows the brunette's instructions, and tries to subtly make her talk, but she doesn't have much success.

"Jisoo… Are you okay, sweetie?" Chaerin ends up asking.

The teenager stops her movements, only to keep working a second or two later.

"I'm fine."

" Ji-"

The brunette turns and gives an almost pleading look to the woman.

"Please…"

Chaerin nods, and brings Jisoo in a side-hug. The brunette forces a smile and leans her head on the woman's shoulder.

"I'm here for you, Jisoo." Chaerin says.

Jisoo lifts her head from the shoulder it was resting on, and then looks at Chaerin with a soft smile. Jisoo nods, and with that they keep working on the pancakes.

It doesn't take them long to finish cooking breakfast. Jisoo decides to sit on a stool at the counter, and to stay with Chaerin as the woman cleans the kitchen. She tried to help, but Chaerin refused. So now, the teenager is silently eating her vegan pancakes as soft music plays from the radio.