Chapter 7

Jennie & Jisoo - 17/16 - May 02

Jisoo looks inside the bag she packed for the day one last time. There's a blanket for them to sit on, just in case Jennie forgets to bring one. Sunscreen since it's supposed to be sunny today. A jacket in case they stay out late and it gets cold. Jennie's gifts (it took Jisoo forever to choose it this year). Some snacks, and that's it. The brunette decided to not bring her swimsuit even though they're going to spend the day at the beach. The Spring air is still chilly, and she knows the water must be freezing because of it.

Finally, when Jisoo's sure she didn't forget anything essential, she closes the bag and walks downstairs. Jisoo decides to wait for her best friend in the living room since Jennie should be there at any moment now.

Celebrating Jennie's birthday has always been fun. It's always been the perfect occasion to have a big party and see the whole Kim family reunited. That's exactly why Jisoo was a bit shocked when Jennie suggested they'd have a quiet day at the beach, just the two of them. The brunette agreed, 'cause she'd never let the opportunity to spend some alone time with Hope pass. But there's still a tiny part of her brain that wonders why Jennie would want that. Jennie has a big family that she loves with her whole heart. She has lots of friends, and lastly, a boyfriend.

Why would Jennie want to spend her birthday alone with Jisoo?

Jisoo sits down next to her twin on the couch. Irene's eyes never leave the TV screen, even when she feels someone sitting next to her.

"Ready for your date with Jennie?" The blonde asks.

"Irene!" The brunette hisses.

Irene finally tears her eyes away from the screen as she gives her twin a side-eye look. Jisoo's cheeks are a deep shade of pink, she's avoiding eye contact and playing with her fingers. None of it escapes Irene's watchful eyes, and soon enough she puts the TV on mute, throws the remote away and turns her whole body to look at Jisoo. The brunette doesn't turn to look at Irene, instead she tries to act like she didn't notice her sister's change of behavior.

"So, Jennie, uh?" Irene asks with a smirk. Jisoo glares at her sister, but that doesn't seem to bother the blonde. "Since when?"

The brunette sighs loudly. She can act like she's not in love with Jennie, but actually saying she's not in love with Jennie seems totally impossible to her. That'd be the biggest lie she'd ever tell.

Jisoo shrugs. "Always, I guess."

Irene's eyes go so wide that Jisoo is afraid they'll pop out of their socket. The brunette squirms under her twin's gaze, the reality of her confession slowly catching up to her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

When she hears the hurt in her sister's voice, Jisoo finally looks at Irene.

"For the same reason I didn't tell you about my sexuality." Jisoo sighs and bites her lower lip. "It's hard for me. Add to that the fact that I could lose Jennie if she knew, and-"

Irene rolls her eyes and quickly interrupts Jisoo. "I'm pretty sure you wouldn't lose Jennie because of that."

"Well, it could make things weird, and-"

The doorbell rings, interrupting Jisoo's incoming rant. The brunette quickly gets on her feet, ready to make her way to the door since she's almost sure Jennie is standing on the other side. Before she can get out of the living room, Irene calls her name.

"Jisoo! Don't you dare think that we're done talking about this." The blonde twin warns.

Jisoo doesn't turn around, but she does roll her eyes at her sister's dramatics.