Chapter 11

Jennie & Jisoo - 19/18 - August

Jisoo sighs as she walks into the cabin she shares with another monitor. Looking after children in a summer camp is so much harder than she thought it would be. When she sees that Soojin's not inside the cabin, the brunette doesn't hesitate to take her blue shirt off and throw it on her bed. She's sweaty and gross, but she doesn't have time to take a shower before she has to look after the kids during the evening activity. She can at least put on a clean shirt though.

When her new shirt is on, Jisoo sits down on her bed and reaches for her phone that she left on her nightstand that morning. She has a good ten minutes before she needs to get back to the kids. She goes to her missed calls and bites her lower lip as she sees the three calls she missed. Her mom, her sister and Jennie. She only hesitates for a second before choosing who she's gonna call back.

The phone rings once before Jennie picks it up. "Jisoo!"

The brunette chuckles. "Hi, Jennie."

"How are you? How's summer camp? It's been two weeks since you last called!"

Jennie speaks so quickly that Jisoo barely understands every word. Hearing her best friend's voice fills Jisoo with warmth before making her heart sink. Even though she took this job to take her distance from Jennie and hopefully move on, it doesn't seem to be working at all.

"I'm exhausted." Jisoo chuckles. "I swear these kids never get tired. Summer camp is great, I'm having a good time. How is your summer going?"

The brunette avoids the topic of her not calling for two weeks. She can't exactly tell Jennie she did it on purpose and that's it's been killing her.

"It's been chill. I came home and spent some time with my mom." She chuckles. "I even went to the movies with Irene because I was missing you. I came back to New Orleans last week though, and I got settled in my new apartment. Other than that, I've been spending time with Taehyung."

Jisoo forces herself to smile even though Jennie can't see her. She has to be happy for her friend. She has to move on.

"Enough about me though." Jennie ends up saying. "Tell me more about your summer. Did something interesting happen?"

There's only one thing that comes to Jisoo's mind and it makes her cheeks heat up.

"I did something dumb." Jisoo says quietly.

"What did you do?" Jennie asks, curiosity clear in her voice.

"Isleptwithsomeone." The brunette blurts out.

"What?" Jennie automatically replies.

"I had sex with a boy. Here, at camp."

There's a pause as the information sinks in for Jennie. The more time passes, the worse Jisoo's nervosity gets.

"How did that happen?" The older girl asks.

Jisoo shrugs. "He's nice, and… I don't know. It just happened."

"It just happened? Jisoo, your first time should have been special!"

The younger girl rolls her eyes and stands up. "Look, it was my first time. If I wanted to lose it with a boy I barely know then it's my business."

Jennie sighs loudly. "I guess you're right. Are you okay? I mean, he didn't hurt you, right?"

Jennie's soft tone of voice and her obvious worry make it impossible for Jisoo to stay defensive.

"He didn't hurt me. The whole thing wasn't that good, but it was the first time for the both of us so…"

Jennie sighs again. "Yeah."