Chapter 13

Jennie & Jisoo - 20/19 - June 6

Jisoo has to stop several times on her way upstairs. The dizziness she's feeling keeps her from walking straight, and it pushes her to find something to lean on. After way longer than it should have taken her, the brunette stumbles into a room. Even in her drunken state, she's worried to find it empty. As soon as she closes the door behind her, she locks it. Then, she turns around and leans her back against the door, and lets herself slide all the way to the floor. Jisoo looks around, and what she sees barely surprises her, she's at a frat guy's room after all. Junk is everywhere, the bed is unmade and there's a basketball poster on the wall. She can't help but notice the smell of the room too, and it makes her scrunch her nose. Weed mixed with... something else.

Jisoo quickly brings her knees close to her chest and hugs them. She closes her eyes and leans her forehead against her knees. For the first time that night, Jisoo allows herself to think about why she's here. Why she decided to get so drunk. Images of her fight with Jennie fill her mind along with echoes of words that were harshly yelled.

Jennie.

Her best friend.

The girl she's madly in love with.

Jisoo's been ignoring Jennie's calls, her texts and even her emails for a month now. She hasn't allowed herself to even glance at the texts or the emails, and no voicemails were listened to. It's not that Jisoo doesn't want to listen to her best friend's voice, or read her words. It's more that she knows she'd probably forgive Jennie too easily.

But now that she's drunk and alone, the brunette finds herself taking out her phone. She opens it, and feels maybe a little too disappointed to see Bona's face there instead of Jennie's. Jennie had been her phone's lock screen for years, and she suddenly isn't anymore.

Because Jennie kicked her out of her apartment. Because Jennie is dating Taehyung, and she loves him. Because Jisoo is dating Bona now, and she's supposed to be moving on.

Jisoo opens her contact list and goes straight to Jennie's name. She looks at the name for way longer than she probably should, the hesitation making her stomach twist painfully. The brunette scrolls down until she sees her girlfriend's name on the screen. She should call Bona, not Jennie. After another long moment, Jisoo finally makes her decision. The phone rings twice before it gets answered.

"Jisoo?" Jennie says, her voice heavy with sleep. "You decided to return my calls at 1am?"

"Gosh, I missed your voice." Jisoo blurts out, unable to stop herself.

"Jisoo..." Jennie pauses and sighs. "Are you drunk?"

"Yeah." Jisoo says without missing a beat. "I'm at a party. I don't know anyone here and-"

"Wait." Jennie cuts her off. "You're alone at a party? Jisoo! That's dangerous-"

Jisoo snorts. "Don't act all worried."

There's an unexpected pause on the other end of the call. Jisoo bites her lip, but she doesn't say anything more.

"I do worry about you." Jennie ends up saying.

Jisoo can hear the hurt in her best friend's voice and it almost makes her regret her words.

"Why should I believe that?"

"Jisoo... I've always cared about you. You know that." The older girl's words sound like a plea now. "You're the most important person to me."

The younger girl rolls her eyes. "Oh yeah, that showed when you kicked me out of your apartment last month."

"I've been trying to apologize every single day since!" Jennie says, her voice getting noticeably frustrated.

Then, before Jisoo can say anything, there's another faint voice coming out of the phone.