Chapter Eight: A Close Call, Dakota's POV

Chapter Eight: A Close Call, Dakota’s POV

        The feminine titan stood at about fourteen meters and was jogging. I had seen titans sprint clumsily and run, but this creature was holding at a steady pace with no faults in her stride. This better not be a titan like Peter. I thought, dreading what was most likely to come. The worst part was that she was speeding up and was smirking at me. Smirking. As if she were to say, “You know you don’t stand a chance.” Icarus, Lilly, and I were alone too. There would be  no one to save us, no wall to hop over once we barely survived.

        “LILY, ICARUS! THERE’S AN ABNORMAL TITAN DUE SOUTH OF HERE. ICARUS, YOU DISTRACT IT, LILY YOU CONFUSE IT, WHILE I FIGHT IT” I belted from across a field. “GOT IT!” They yelled in unison. Let’s do this. I bolted at full speed towards the female giant’s heels. I went to her heels and cut them out. Then, I saw Lily trying to be a hero like usual and making her way towards the titan’s head. She got grabbed in midair by the titan and was being crushed.

        I suddenly felt calm, like I was perfectly in tune with my thoughts and my body. I knew what I had to do. I felt a strange sort of energy wash over me.  In a blur I was at the the titan’s hand that was still crushing a dying Lily. I screamed and swiftly and cleanly cut off the giant’s fingers. I saw Lily falling and caught her just in time to put her on her horse.

        “Icarus, ride with Lily at full speed to the West flank, tell them that the entire back of the South Flank has been demolished. Also send up a black flare to warn the rest. I’m gonna kill this one.” I said. He did as I told him to.

        This is going to end right now. I thought darkly. “I know you can understand me. Listen to this, oi, listen.” I told the feminine titan. “When I come up there, you better hope your life was worth all this.” And the fight began. I had sheared off the giant’s arms within a few minutes. Then she stood up. “YOU’RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE PSYCHO!” I screamed. Before it could assume running stance, I again cut out the left heel and spiraled into the air. This ends now. I thought. I took spin attack stance in the air, and spiraled into the titan’s neck. When I found a human girl in the nape of the neck, she hit me with the back end of her 3DMG handle, not before I stabbed her spine and then she did the unthinkable, she stabbed me with the blade that had her spinal fluid and blood on it and then sliced a two inch deep cut in my face. As I fell towards the ground. I shot up a yellow flare, signaling that I was okay but needed to be picked up.

        Sorry for the oi, I guess Dakota has an accent from being 400 years old. Forward three hours:

        When I woke up, I was in a bouncing tent that was clearly on a moving carriage. I saw Icarus next to me. “Hey man” He said. "You should be good in a minute."        

         Thank you all for the reads, please comment and vote if you liked it!