iv Entropy - I always win

"You?" Spencer had to admit he was surprised by that response. But he was ready. "You're a black widow hitwoman. You specialize in seduction and you're patient. You learn everything you can about the men you're hired to kill, physically, psychologically, and emotionally, because you want them in as compromised a position as possible, so they don't see it coming when you pull the trigger."

Hearing about herself got Cat excited. "And when I do it really well, they pull the trigger themselves." Spencer raised his eyebrows. "Give me your phone," she commanded.

"Why?" Spencer asked.

"Because I know what I want now. I want to play a game with you. You like games?"

"I do," Spencer narrowed his eyes trying to profile what Cat's play was.

"Do you win?" she provoked.

"I always win," Spencer confidently told her.

"Give it to me," she pestered.

Spencer reached into his inside jacket pocket and handed it to her.

She tapped away on his phone. "Okay, here is my game. You have thirty minutes to answer every question I ask. And if you lie, I'll know. Because I've spent the past ten years of my life studying men and their lies, before I kill them. Do you believe me?" Cat's eyes were glazed over.

"I do."

"That was true. You're getting this." She excitedly beamed at him. "Now, here's how we'll know who wins at the end of the thirty minutes. If you win, you'll drag me out of her in handcuffs. But if I win, you will escort me out, like a gentleman. To make sure I exit safely. What do you say Spencer? Think you can win this one?" She fidgeted in her seat.

Spencer's eyes darted between both of hers. He lifted his left hand and beckoned her closer to him, before lunging across the table so that is face was inches from hers. "Considering everything you've put Garcia and so many people through, you're going to have to shoot me in the face before you walk out of here."

Cat smirked back, "Game on."

Just then a waiter carried a tray over to the Y/n's table. As he did, he tripped over his feet. The glass tumbled and some of the contents spilled over the edges and onto Y/n. His eyes were wide in worry. "I am so sorry," he stuttered.

Y/n grabbed a napkin and patted the liquid that trickled down the exposed areas of her midriff. "Don't worry. It needed washing anyway," she reassured the man.

"I..I will get you another." The waiter quickly picked up his tray and began organising it.

Y/n held up her hand. "I think this might have been a sign that I should not have a drink tonight. I will stick to my water." She maintained a sweet and friendly conduct, calming the waiter.

Cat shook her head at the interaction, deciding that the Y/n let the waiter off too easy.

"What do you want to ask me?" Spencer pressed on.

Cat slumped back in her seat. "How you found me, of course? A professional learns from her mistakes." She started the timer.

Spencer watched the timer tick down. He sighed and began. "We got our big break in the case at the end of last year. I didn't learn how big until I came back after some time off."

"Why did you take time off?" Cat was intrigued.

Spencer ignored her and continued telling Cat about Hotch and Garcia calling a briefing.

"Stop," Cat called out in agitation.

"What?" Spencer asked.

"You didn't tell me why you took time off."