x Red light - Spencie

Now Spencer was facing his worst nightmare again.

He sat in a room nondescript room in the prison, the stale air suffocating him. He rubbed his wrists where the tight handcuffs had pinched his skin.

Spencer waited and waited, until the door opened, and he saw JJ standing in the door. His expression was quizzing as he deliberated why she was at the prison.

JJ flashed him a hopeful smile, but her eyes were red and brimming with happy tears.

Immediately he felt relief.

"We're taking you home," she exhaled. JJ ran towards Spencer and hugged him tight.

Spencer squeezed his eyes shut hoping and praying that this was not his mind playing tricks on him.

Soon enough Spencer collected his belongings and dressed in his suit. It felt odd but comforting to be back in his normal attire.

Luke and JJ walked him out of the prison, where Penelope waited eyes filled with joy. Even though Spencer wasn't big on hugs he opened his arms for Penelope, inviting her into them.

Spencer basked in it for a moment, then pulled back. "Let's get my mom back."

"Yeah," Penelope agreed and held his hand tight as they left.

Back at Quantico, the team got back to work.

"So, we know Lindsey convinced Scratch to run drugs across the border." Luke proclaimed, highlighting the case facts.

"And that Lindsey's been operating from two locations... An apartment next to Reid and a house in southeast D.C." Rossi listed the locations.

"And that's where we think she's keeping your mom." Stephen referred to the latter location, while filling Spencer in.

Emily conveyed her orders. "Scratch isn't afraid to plot an elaborate trap. I want a full breakdown of that house before we set one foot inside." She waited for the other to leave and closed the door before Spencer and JJ leave. "Um... Spencer. You can't officially go until you're reinstated."

"So that includes going to my apartment, since it's a crime scene."

"That's right. It's sealed and guarded by Metro P.D. But you are the resident. You got it?" Emily hinted.

"Got it." Spencer grinned. He took a step towards the closed door and froze. It didn't take long for bad memories to filter back.

"You alright?" JJ asked, then it dawned on her that Spencer had been locked up just hours ago. "Uh, it's open."

"Of course." Spencer shook off his anxiety and exited the room.

When they arrived at Spencer's apartment, JJ talked to Metro P.D to sneak Spencer in. "He's the resident. He's just gonna grab a few things."

Spencer automatically saw his mother's scrapbook and is alarmed.

"What is it?" JJ solicited.

"This picture was on a different page." He turned the picture over and see markings on the back.

"Does that mean something to you?"

Only the obvious, male and female chromosomes, Lindsey's way of telling us she's with Scratch." Spencer just wanted this to be over.

The new got worse when he heard what Emily, Luke, Stephen, Rossi and Tara had found at Lindsey's second apartment, and it wasn't his mother.

Spencer sat at his desk. "What did she say exactly?" He frantically waved his hand around.