xiv Red Light - Watch Me

Catching his breath, it dawned on Spencer what he had done. He caught Y/n's eye and ran out of the room, ashamed. He sank on to the floor in the hallway his head hanging low.

"Richmond County police just reported a gas station explosion. One victim, a male. Whatever Lindsey did, we have to assume your mom's still alive." JJ reported back to him. She sat beside him. "Hey."

"I'm really scared this is who I am now," Spencer confessed.

"No. Don't say that."

"And Y/n has seen it too. I can tell...Je... Jennifer, you don't know..." Spencer sobbed.

"I do know. I know two inmates, Frazier and Duerson, killed your friend Delgado in front of you. And I know they wanted you to move their heroin, and I also know that if you didn't, you would have been next, right? Spence, anyone in your spot would have done the same thing."

"You wouldn't have. Y/n wouldn't have."

"Yeah. Yeah, I would have, Spence. If someone was threatening my life, you bet your ass I would. And I'm sure that Y/n would have too. It doesn't make you a bad person. 'Cause you know who does think like that, that... that in you doing what you had to do to survive somehow makes you a psychopath? She does." Pointing towards the room Cat is in. "She does." JJ thoughts started clicking into place. "She does. Because she... she knows."

Spencer caught on. "That's the secret. What I don't want to admit about myself."

JJ stopped Spencer to think though it all. "Hold up. Let's play this out, because she will not lose to you twice. She already said that this wasn't about the two of you being the same."

"Then she's all about the game. She thinks that I cheated last time because I lied about her dad, so it's integral to her that she beats me by following the rules."

"Yeah, but, Spence, she controls the rules, and she will change them to ensure that she wins."

"Which means that I'm locked in. Like she is. And she needs me locked in, playing by her rules a game I can't win, so she... I got it." Spencer jogged down the hall. He smiled at Y/n to signal that he was okay.

"Guess that's one way to get you to put your hands on me." Cat teased, as he re-entered.

Spencer's next request took Cat by surprise. "Dance with me."

"Why?" Cat asked.

"Because I don't want the people watching us to hear what I'm going to say next."

"Not even Y/n?"

"Not even Y/n."

Cat nodded and aligned herself with Spencer.

"You guys got this up?" JJ asked Penelope.

"Streaming now," Penelope confirmed.

"Ok, uh, listen, you're gonna hear a lot of weird stuff, like Spence saying he is the father of the baby Cat is carrying. Don't let that distract you."

"Uh, I'm sorry. Full stop. Why would Spence say he's the father of...?" Penelope was perplexed.

"Quiet," Emily interrupted.

"You had eyes on me while I was in prison, didn't you? And you found out all you could about Y/n?" Spencer asked Cat, will slowly dancing on the spot.

"Spencie, don't ruin the moment." Cat nuzzled into Spencer's neck.

"I don't want to, but I'm on the clock. Answer my question. Am I right?"