xx - Rebecca

When Spencer's eyes fluttered open in the morning he was comforted by the warmth of Y/n's body. He inhaled her scent. His breath making her skin tickle.

She stirred as she arose from her slumber. "Good morning," she mumbled.

"Morning," Spencer placed a kiss on her forehead. Then went back to stroking her hair. "Do you think we should get married?" Spencer considered out loud.

"What?" Y/n shrieked, lifting her head from his chest, and covering her naked body with the sheet.

"I don't know. You just strike me as someone who would want to be married before they had a child." Spencer stated nonchalantly as if he hadn't just dropped a huge bomb.

"What?" she repeated, still alarmed. She removed Spencer's arm and shuffled off the bed, still gripping the sheet.

"That's what I had always imagined," Spencer speculated.

"So, what the hell was this? Try before you buy," Y/n scanned the room for her clothes.

"No," He stated clearly. "And there are no expectations. I'm just asking for your thoughts. As we know, we are quite unconventional anyway." Spencer sat up in the bed, watching as Y/n scrambled to throw on her clothes, but couldn't find her shirt.

"Don't you think it's too soon? We have only been actually seeing each other for a little over a month." She implored as she scavenged around.

"It's only too soon if we say it's too soon. And I told you yesterday that I feel like I've known you a lifetime."

"It is not that simple Spencer. Marriage is... more... more complicated than that." Y/n halted in the middle of the room and put her hands on her hips in defeat.

"And I'm not a quitter. If things get tough, I won't give up easily. I have a good feeling about this." Spencer jumped out the bed and precariously walked over to Y/n.

"I'm not sure about this, Spencer." Y/n shook her head

"That's fine," Spencer reassured Y/n. "I just wanted you to know that whether it be next month, next year or in ten years, I am serious about this and I would marry you in a heartbeat." Spencer took Y/n face in his hands, lifting her chin so that he could see her eyes. "In a heartbeat," he repeated. He kissed her and then engulfed her in a hug that she melted into. Then he pulled back and held her at arm's length. "By the way your shirt is in the living room."

"Right," Y/n acknowledged, recalling how it ended up there.

"And you should eat. We didn't end up eating dinner. My fault," Spencer smirked.

Y/n nudged him as she blushed.

Spencer made coffee as Y/n searched around in Spencer's cupboards for anything she could rustle up into a breakfast for them. "You have nothing," she announced.

Spencer stood behind her peering into the cupboard. "Sorry," he sheepishly groaned.

"That's fine. How about we have breakfast at my apartment."

"You're not upset with me for bring up..." Spencer queried.

"No. I'll think about Spence. But I can only think if I eat. Get dressed then let's go," she nudged him.

"What's wrong with this," Spencer teased and pointed down at his half-dressed body.

She scoffed. "I think you know the answer to that. If you rocked up like that, Tia would have field day."

Spencer tapped the table anxiously. "Have you told them?"

"Told who what?" Y/n feigned ignorance.