mission

"OH

"OH...THIS IS A NICE PLACE." Midoriya whispered, Maysun opening a door to reveal her office. It was a small, carpeted room, the walls painted in a light beige color. At the back of the room was a desk with piles of papers and a desktop, markers and pens scattered around the table.

The front wall had a large cork board, filled with photos, documents, and newspapers. Each connected by red strings, linking evidence with one another. A true detective trope.

"Don't mind the mess...I was working hard to prevent my sisters death...Sit sit." Maysun pointed to a chair, walking to the cork board.

Midoriya did as told, plopping down in the seat with his hands in his lap. Maysun walked to the front, slamming her hand against the photo of the York Bombing aftermath. It was a birds-eye of the city, the ground covered in debris and ash as a result of the villain attack. "The York Bombing was a terroist act done by the Lady Liberty League."

"Lady...Liberty?"

"It's a popular American gang in New York. They do crimes in all the big cities—Brooklyn, NYC, Queens—horrible group of people." Maysun growled, before pointing to other photo.

It was of a man with jaw-length green hair, pale skin, yellow eyes, and a smug smile. It was a headshot of his shoulders and head of him wearing a black suit, the man turning over his shoulder to look at the lens of the camera. The setting was in the center of Times Square, the photo taken in the night time.

"This is Joseph Owens. A 23 year old American man. He is one of the heads of the triple L." Maysun explained, before moving to another photo, which was connected to Owens' picture with a line of red yarn.

It was of another man with straight black hair and dull black eyes, a blank expression painting his face. It was the same setting as Owens' photo, the picture taken in the center of NYC, and he was wearing the same clothes as well.

"This is Koga Ryuu. The second head."

"Wait, that's a Japanese name...In fact, it sounds really familiar..."

Maysun grinned, walking over to her desk. She picked up a large black book, handing it to Midoriya. "Here."

Midoriya took the book, reading the golden engraved letters on the front. "...This is the U.A year book! When I was a second year!"

"Flip to page 32 if you will."

Midoriya thumbed through the yearbook, ending up on a page of yearbook photos. Specifically Class 3-B's photos. He scanned each students photo, before stopping at a certain picture. "...Oh! Koga Ryuu!! He was my upperclassman at the time!"

"Mhm. Remember any key details about his behavior?"

"Yeah, he was a straight A student, and had a super strong quirk. But one day, he had a mission dealing with the League of Villains...

and he joined their side."

"Yep. The one and only Koga." Maysun muttered, taking the yearbook back and putting it on her desk. "After about a year, he fled to America and started a gang there. Hence the birth of the Lady Liberty League."

"...So he was the one who killed y/n...Then all I have to do is find him! And turn him into the police! So he can never meet Joseph Owens! Y/n will be saved!"

"I'm afraid it isn't that easy..." Maysun whispered, her back to the freckled boy. "...Koga is already in prison."

Midoriya hitched, standing out of the chair. "He is? Like, right now?"

"Yes, my partner was dedicated to searching for that loose culprit, and eventually arrested him in New York 6 months ago...I thought that y/n would be saved...But the accident still happened, Joseph Owens couldn't be stopped, he was too powerful."

Midoriya looked down at his shoes, clenching his fist angrily. "...I see."

"That's why, Midoriya Sir...

You're the only one who can save my sister."

Midoriya quickly looked back up. "Me? I can?"

"Yes." Maysun smiled, turning her full body to him. "You need to travel back in time, and convince y/n to stay in Japan."

"To stay here?"

"In exactly one month, y/n will graduate. March 25th, 2033. One week after that, she will leave for America. You have until then to persuade her to not leave."

"Wait, so I need to time travel again? But I don't remember how!" He retorted, taking a step forward. "I don't even think I could do it again if I tried..."

"Don't worry. I know how."

Midoriya's eyes widened. "You do?"

"When you travelled the last time, how did you return?"

"....Uhhhh...I shook your hand! At the park! Then I woke up in the hospital."

Maysun lifted her arm, holding her hand out to her friend. "...Then let's do it again."

Midoriya paused for a moment, before slowly grinning. He lifted his hand to Maysun's their hands hovering over each other.

"Midoriya Sir. I failed to save y/n in this life. Luckily, I have you. Please Sir...Save her."

And with that, they shook each other's hands.