favor for the future

"

"...I NEED YOU TO HELP ME STOP SOMEONE FROM GETTING MURDERED." Midoriya spoke confidently, standing in front of Hawk's desk in his office.

"...Well, what a normal request that is." The bird hero teased, chuckling as he leaned back in his chair. "I was expecting something much more extreme...Care to explain?"

Midoriya took in a deep breath, clenching his fist at his sides. "...I'm from the future!!"

"...Huh?"

"Five years from now, February 23rd, Miriko's side kick Y/n L/n will die in a mass villain attack in America! She accepted a hero job out in New York, and her life ended in 2038. I-I can prove it! Uhh...Oh! I own my own agency in the future! Uhm, you stay in the top ten! Man, how else can I prove I'm from the future!?-"

"I believe you."

"Eh? You do?" The young boy perked up, his round eyes growing wide.

"Yeah, I mean, you wouldn't come all the way out here from U.A and lie about something like that, would you?"

"...No sir, I wouldn't."

"Besides, in this world full of super powers, I don't doubt that time travel is real..." Hawks set his elbows on his desk, placing his chin on his hands.
"...L/n...She's your girlfriend, isn't she?"

"I...She was..."

Hawks's brow shot up. "You broke up? Really?"

"She plans to go to America next week...So we split...And though her and I technically aren't together anymore, she can't go to New York! She'll die! I don't know how to convince her to stay! So...I need your help!"

The pro hero watched Midoriya's hands shake, the boy keeping his head low to hide his frustrated face. Hawks's feather ruffled lightly, his wings lifted as he adjusted in his seat. "What do you need me to do?"

Midoriya quickly looked up. "You'll help me?"

"Well if I don't, the girl will die, won't she? In five years...No one should have their life cut so short...So how can I assist you?"

A relieved grin spread across Midoriya's face, his shoulders relaxing. "...I was wondering if you had any connections, that could offer y/n something even better than what America can give.

Oh, and a modeling job! In...three years, I think it was? She became a super popular model in New York! Maybe hook her up with your company?"

Hawks took out a pen and pencil, writing down Midoriya's request. "Modeling...Okay, I can do that? Anything else?"

"...No, but...I want you to know that I'm not just asking you to offer y/n all these jobs to save her life." Midoriya mumbled, his eyes shifting to the ground.

"Go on."

"...Y/n trains really hard to help everyone around her. She's kind, driven, determined...She puts her all into every mission...She deserves the best! Don't offer her the jobs thinking you're doing me a favor. Think of her as a strong addition to the hero industry! Consider her an equal!...Please."

Hawks paused for a moment, before scoffing, standing out of his chair. "...You're a good person, Deku. I'm glad you see the potential in y/n. But there's no need for you to worry...

I was already considering getting y/n recruited."

"...What?"

Hawks leaned against the corner of his desk, flashing a big smile. "About 3 major hero companies called me and Miriko asking if they could interview y/n!"

"...REALLY?"

"Yeah! They just haven't sent out their letters yet! Something about a delay in mail service. She's quite popular in the industry, believe it or not. Her grades are high, her mission success rates are through the roof, she's ambitious-Everything they want in a hero. They wanna treat her higher than a sidekick." Hawks explained.

Midoriya felt his brain go numb, his head bobbing back and forth. "So the only reason y/n went to America, was because she received that letter from New York before the ones from Japan? Talk about bad luck." He whispered, getting dizzy with confusion.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it. I guarantee she'll make the decision to stay here in Japan by the time graduation comes." Hawks assured. "Even if she declines, I won't let her leave this country. Her life depends on it."

"...Thank you for believing me!!" Midoriya bowed low, letting his curls fall forward. "It means a lot!"

double update today! keep scrolling!