Chapter Nine

A/n You asked and you shall receive.

The campfire rose above everyone's heads. The crowd chattered about what had happened an hour ago. A group of Aphrodite girls were talking about how hot the new new kid was. Not Percy the new kid, but the one who ran into the celebration of capture the flag. He had this like short brown hair that spiked up towards the sky. He was around the same age as any other demigod child, so around 12. He must have been out in the woods for a while because he was covered in dirt and his glasses were broken. But most of the talk around the campfire was about how the new kid knew the newer kid.

Neither of them were at the campfire along with Chiron and the grumpy god. Obviously Percy knew this new kid and was just asking him about it, but that didn't stop from rumors being made. The real question is who is the mystery boy.

*Percy Pov*

Alex, they're a childhood friend. My mom and their mom were best friends growing up, so when they both gave birth to us around the same time, we kind of just became surrogate siblings for each other. I explained to Chiron. He looked at me stroking his beard. Well then obviously he is a demigod. He wouldn't have been able to get through the camp borders unless he was.

He looked at me puzzled. Young man, can you please explain then how you ended up getting separated. I had never seen this boy at Yancey. I looked down. Dammit I guess well have to improve this. Well as you probably know, I bounced around from schools a lot. I know now that's a demigod thing. but my mom always thought because we grew up together we were both equally mischievous because they would also bounce around from schools, I explained. I looked at Alex, who was laying down on a cot getting some rest. Our mom's said we fed each other's wildside's and never sent us to the same school. We'd only see each other over breaks, but when we did it was always the best. Cuz no one would understand us but we would perfectly understand each other. Chiron looked at me thoughtfully. He walked towards Alex and took a good look at him. He had a fondness in his eyes.

Do you have any idea who his father could be? Obviously your mother gave you subtle hints about who your father was. His face dropped, I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring up a sensitive topic. He apologised after my face fell a bit. Even If the kidnapping was fake, I still worried about Sky. It's all right, she wouldn't have wanted me to continue to be sad and feel like I couldn't live without her. Because she knew, as much as she did for me, by bearing Poseidon's child she was putting both of us in danger. I looked at Alex again. Their mom passed away recently. I was planning on visiting him before we went to Montauk. I was actually going to invite them to come with us, but I was too caught up in the moment to remember.

Why must you guys throw a wrench in all of my plans? None of you were supposed to come until the war started. Now I have to make this intricate storyline of me and Alex's life. Makes things a bit more complicated than intended.

Go join the others at the campfire. We'll talk more with Alex when he wakes up tomorrow. I was about to leave until he said the last part of that sentence. Actually, I don't know if you know about this but I'm just going to put it out there because I know you don't like disrespecting people. Alex is actually non-binary and goes by they/them. I don't know if you keep up with the times and changes, but if you have any questions you can ask either of us. I looked at his face sofen. Of course I would respect their pronouns. I apologize for misgendering them. I will try to spread the word if that's all right with them, and please, if you hear anyone disrespecting them please tell me and I will do something about it. I gave him a very grateful look. it's amazing that an old-timer like him can accept something so many people can't.

I headed down towards the campfire where everyone was singing camp songs and celebrating the victory from tonight. But as soon as I approached everyone started to stare and point at me. Robert waved me over to sit next to him, not even bothered by the stares he got. Hey, so whos the new kid? Obviously you know him. He asked me. Their name is Alex. They go by they/them if you don't mind. I looked him in the eye. I wont have people disrespecting them.