Chapter Five

A/n Did I just post twice in one night? Yes. Why? No clue. Anyways, enjoy double update. I own only the OC's.

*Percy POV*

It's finally the last day of school. Now this is when things start to get interesting, over the summer. A letter had gotten sent to my parents basically telling them I wasn't reinvited to the school next year. Apparently yelling at a teacher and calling her an ugly pink toad results in expulsion from the school. Ridiculous. As I was packing up my clothes other kids were talking about what they were going to do over the summer.

"Yeah I'm going this year. Are you?"

"Hell yeah I am. Wouldn't miss the Holyheads playing. Especially after Potter retired."

"Hey Percy, what are you doing this summer?"

"Ummm, I don't know."

"Oh cool, I guess." And then just goes back to ignoring me.

Grover must've been really worried for my well being because he had bought a ticket for the same Greyhound bus as me. It's kind of cute how much he cares. If only he knew how powerful I am. We boarded the bus and grabbed a seat in the back of the bus. We didn't talk at all until I realized he was looking at the other passengers nervously. I decided to mess with him a little. "Looking for Kindly Ones." I asked. He jumped five feet in the air. " Wha-what do you mean?" I looked at him with guilt. I told him I had overheard him talking with Mr. Brunner about me.

"How much did you hear?" He asked. "Oh . . . not much. What's the summer solstice deadline?" He didn't answer cause the bus started to creak and come to a stop with black smoke pouring out of the dashboard. We all started to get off the bus when the driver said that we had broken down and it would take a few minutes to fix. I got off the bus with Grover trailing behind me. I started to look around and see across the street my least favorite people . . . the fates, who were sitting behind a fruit stand. Why now? Why me?

Grover looked where I was looking and all the blood quickly drained from his face. "Tell me they're not looking at you. They are, aren't they?"

"Yeah. Who do you think they are?" I asked in a wondering tone tilting my head.

"Nobody," He said. "Absolutely nobody."

They were knitting these giant socks that would fit a sasquatch or Godzilla.

Across the road, the fates were watching me. They're the only people that knew of my existence. One day they saw my life string floating away from them.

*Flashback*

I sat down on my couch getting ready to watch a movie. Suddenly there was a bright flash in front of me. I summoned my armor and sword, only to see. . . the fates? They were holding my life string. "Who are you?" They asked me. "What are you doing here?" I asked them back. "We saw this life string floating away," They said in sync, holding up the black and white string." And followed it here." I thought for a minute. They would surely tell the gods and other immortals. "Who are you?" They asked me again. Might as well tell them. " I am Perseus, the first being, lord to all domains ever created." I let that sink in.

"You will not tell anybody of me. There is a reason the universe is the way it is. You should not have been able to get here and thus you will not tell anybody of this encounter." I stated.

They looked at each other and snapped their fingers.

"Trying to tie me down I see," I said raising my eyebrow "Kinky."I quickly redirected the power back towards them effectively tying them together.

"Futile attempt godlings. But you just tried to one up the lord of everything in a power contest." I released all of my power that I had concealed when they entered the room. They looked at me frightened.