Chapter Six

A/n  Happy New Years guys

*Percy POV*

"Wait, so my best friend is a donkey?!" I say horrified. He bleated. "Goat."

"What?"

"I'm a goat from the waist down, not a donkey." I gave him a confused look. "Your lucky," Grover said, ''There're satyrs who would trample you underhoof for such an insult!" I nodded in understanding and looked out the window. My head snapped back to his. "Whoa, whoa wait! Satyrs. You mean like in Mr. Brunner's stories?"

"Myths, not stories and yes those ones." He corrected.

"But myths aren't real. They're made up stories." I almost laughed at how untrue that statement was. "Were those old ladies at the fruit stand a myth, Perce. Was Mrs. Dodds a myth?" I pretended to think about it. "So you admit, there was a Mrs. Dodds." Jabbing my finger at him.

He rolled his eyes, "Of course there was Percy."

Our conversation got interrupted by a loud bellowing noise that ripped through the loud storm. "Percy," Grover said, "there's too much to explain and not enough time. We have to get you to safety." I have him another confused look. " Safety from what?"

"Oh, nobody. Just the Lord of the Dead." He said quietly, but I was able to hear him.

A flash of lightning let me see a sign that said 'Pick Your Own Strawberries'. "Where are we going?" I asked nobody in particular. "This summer camp your father wanted you to go to." Sky answered simply. "What? I don't understand. You hate talking about dad"

"I don't hate talking about your dad, it was always a complicated subject to talk about. But please, try to understand. You're in danger." She pleaded with me.

"Why, because some stupid old ladies cut a piece of yarn." I said frustrated. "Those were not old ladies Percy." Grover said just as frustrated. "Those were the fates. Do you know what that means . . . the fact that they appeared in front of you? They only do that when you . . . when someone's about to die."

"Whoa. Did you say you? As in me?" I suddenly turned frightened.

"I meant you, like 'someone'. Not you, you."

"But you-" My sentence got cut off by the car swerving to the right to avoid the figure chasing us. I saw a silhouette of it and if I had to take a guess - would say the Minotaur. "What was that?" I asked.

Before I got an answer the hair rose on the back of my neck. 'Oh come on Zeus.' I thought as I saw the lightning bolt come down on the car. "Ow" I said as I started to crawl out of the car. 'Styx' I didn't change the color of my blood.' I quickly changed my blood from galaxy blue to a normal red. I forgot I would actually bleed in a simple human body.

"Mom are you okay?"

" . . . Food . . . " Groaned someone inside the car. "Grover!" I yelled, grabbing him by the legs and dragging him out of the wreckage.

"Mom!" No answer.

"SKY!" Then I saw a flash of blue.

"SKYLER!" I screamed through the wind.

"Go Percy! Get Grover to safety! Ill take care of beefhead!" She yelled over the beast.

I started running up the hill with Grover on my back, then I realized. Hades thought I was actually a son of Poseidon right? So he wanted something to have over me. "Sky! You have to let them take you to Hades!" She looked away from the monster. "What?! Are you crazy?!" I shook my head. "He needs to have something over me! And my mom would be a hell of a bargain!" She rolled her eyes, rolling out of the way missing a giant hand trying to grab her. "Fine! I really hate you sometimes!"