Fourteen || Before The Game

The breeze brushed over my face, blowing away any stray strands of hair back as I walked towards the gym.

It's been eventful, the weeks that passed by. I've made progress with my receives, and my serves were Yama-Chan approved. Tsukishima, let's just say I'm thankful nothing changed after what happened, his nose healed at least; And Nishinoya was ever such a great boyfriend, understanding and even taking me out on a date afterwards.

I've practiced with Kiyoko, and she was great at spiking--with the help of Tanaka of course, and Yachi built up her stamina, going on runs with Hinata and Kageyama.

You'd think we were the ones going on a competition instead of the guys with how serious all three of us were taking this. We went as far as to get Jerseys as well.

Squeak! Squeak! Squeak

The sound of shoes was the only thing I could hear other than my racing heart as I walk towards a waving Yachi and Kiyoko who was looking inside the gym.

My mind wandered one last time, trying to clear up everything that had happened.

Everything that happened with The girls, Tsukki, er... Tsukishima, and Nishinoya.

Most importantly, what I did to Yachi.

A hand on my shoulder stopped me from my overthinking. I look up to see Yachi smiling at me.

"Y/n, it's alright. It's been 2 weeks since it happened."

I look away, denying. "What are you talking about?"

She gave me a look before replying. "You have that look on your face again."

I covered my face with my hands, wiping the non existent sweat.

"It's not just what I did to you. It's everything, everyone else. Kiyoko, Tanaka, Tsukishima, and.... Nishinoya."

"You guys didn't do anything. Besides," Yachi smiled, looking over my shoulder.

I turn to see Nishinoya, his hair was gelled up again, his hands were down...

In his shorts?

I burst out, giggling. Was it because they had no pockets?

Nishinoya walked towards me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Stop thinking about all of it. Just focus on you, and the future." He pulled away, not before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Y/n, I've already thought about it all. Besides, it's all over and I've grown too." He put his hand on top of my head and stared at me adoringly. "You know I love you right?"

Doki! Doki! Doki!

My heart raced, my cheeks flushed when his hand rested on my cheek.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"We're up!" Kiyoko says, entering. Yachi follows and so do I.

A hand stopped me, it was Nishinoya's. He leaned close until our faces were inches apart. I could smell his minty breath as he leaned slow.

"Here, a good luck from me."

He captured my lips as he kissed me slowly, before pulling away and leaving me in a daze.

He chuckled and pushed me inside the gym.

"Good luck to your team." He says as we parted ways, him towards the guys and me, to the team.

My heart fluttered. Him believing in me was more than enough to motivate me.

With that, I ran inside the gym.

A/n: X. X Filler Chapter the next ones are gonna be quite long. Holy frik I'm a college student now 🎓🤪 future chef, intern at cooking mama.