Chapter 10

Stefan watched over Bonnie and Elena and glanced over at Rebekah. "Can you go get us dinner? I'm feeling a bit peckish" Stefan said.

"Why cant you do it yourself? Oh right, you've been compelled" Rebekah said and stood up. "I'll be back soon enough." She walked out of the mansion and sped off to get someone for them to eat. She wasn't particularly wanting to do anything for Stefan or her brother. However, she doubted it would be good for anyone if Stefan lost control right now over his bloodlust. 

"Oh, bring a twister game too!" Stefan shouted out to Rebekah, an idea of what to do to delicious women coming to mind. Rebekah was confused but left anyways to find them food. Stefan then eyed both Elena and Bonnie, wishing he could be anywhere else. "If you're waiting for my brother to wake up and rescue you, you won't have any luck" Stefan said.

Bonnie found herself glaring at Stefan, hating pretty much every word that left his mouth. She couldn't believe just how different he was from when his humanity was on. "You know last time I checked, Klaus said you had to watch us, he never said you had to talk to us." She grumbled shifting her gaze to Damon. She was still trying to think hard for a spell that could wake him up.

Katherine Pierce stood near the Mikaelson mansion and nearly sighed in relief when she saw Rebekah leave. Both of the originals out of the house meant she had a very small window of opportunity to get Stefan out, which of course was easier said than done considering Klaus had him hyped up on blood. Still, she would try as much as she could. For Stefan. She gave herself at least another twenty seconds just to make sure Rebekah and Klaus truly were gone, and then sped into the house, her gaze falling on Stefan despite him not being the only person there.

"Believe me, I'd rather be pretty much anywhere else right now. Hello, Katherine" He said, not taking his gaze away from the witch and the doppelganger.

Katherine blinked slowly, taken aback by his casual attitude. "Stefan." She approached him curiously. She could tell something was different than when she last saw him from a distance, but she couldn't figure out what. "Let's go. I can keep you away from Klaus." She briefly noticed Damon on the floor and debated taking him with her, but she knew he'd just run back to Elena so there was no point.

"You're a little too late, Katherine. Klaus wants me to watch over them" Stefan said, sitting on the couch and picking up his glass as he watched Bonnie and Elena.

"His humanity is off" Elena said, glancing over at Katherine before returning her gaze to Stefan warily. 

Katherine frowned when she heard Elena. She figured it was almost off in Chicago, but now she guessed it was official. "I figured." She mumbled and reached into her pocket. She knew Klaus wanting something was code for Klaus compelling him, if her own experience of being trapped by him told her anything. "Here. I can't stay. And if you can't come with me then this is the best I can do." She said holding out a small vervain vial for him. "Just don't let him catch you with that. I don't care if your humanity is off. Have some sense of self preservation or I'll make sure to kill you myself."

Stefan took the small vial, though it was useless to him, and nodded slightly at her words. "Rebekah will be back soon" he said. "Oh and Klaus has a powerful young witch working for him." He warned her casually as he took a sip of his drink. "She claims to have magically appeared at my apartment in Chicago"

"She's the one that put Damon under a sleeping spell, right after he stabbed her. She healed like a vampire" Elena said. She didn't want to help Katherine. But if Katherine decided to help stop the witch, things would be a little easier. With Hope around, they didn't stand a chance