Chapter Five

Elena's face hardened in frustration as she tried to force down her fear. "Why do you want the necklace so badly?" she questioned

"That isn't any of your business." Klaus said calmly as he grabbed her arm and began walking back to his mansion, though he wasn't really in any rush. Strangely he was sure Hope would return with the necklace.

"You dont have to hold onto me you know. I'm not stupid enough to try to run from you" Elena said, her face hard as he led her towards the mansion.

"Oh I know. However you have to admit you are far more uncomfortable if I do hold on to you." Klaus said smugly.

Elena sighed in irritation. "So that's your plan? Make me uncomfortable and then kill me?" She questioned, looking over at him.

She had been willing to die in the sacrifice. It wasnt her fault everyone else did everything they could to stop it. She tried to prevent that. Now all she could do was remember watching Jenna die right in front of her. She sighed softly, wishing she knew where Damon was. Wishing she could warn him. But she also didnt want him to get killed for her.

"Of course not. That is simply a bonus. My plan involves something far more...deadly and horrific if you will." Klaus grinned. "However I'd like my necklace first before I engage in any fun. Once I resolve everything I need to resolve, then I can focus on punishing both you and Stefan."

Elena swallowed at that aand scowled at his words, looking ahead. "What do you want with Stefan?"

"Oh I merely wish to punish him for his betrayal. See we used to be very good friends, decades back in what you all call the Roaring 20s. Now he lied to me to protect you. And what better punishment than causing him to kill the girl he loves and feel the guilt for the rest of his miserable life" Klaus said with a devilish smirk. "That along with the fact he will do anything I ask of him. Which will come quite handy and is something I should have done months ago"

"You don't need Stefan to be your slave"

"No, I shouldn't need him to be my Slave. He agreed to come with me and help me. I had believed he was doing so, but this whole time he concealed something very important from me. Your life, which should have ended several months ago"  

"What does it matter if I'm alive? Your werewolf curse is broken, isn't it?" Elena questioned.

Klaus stopped and tightened his grip on Elena, holding her close to him. "It matters because it's not how this is supposed to be. The details of why aren't any of your concern. You won't be alive long enough to see what my plans are"

Klaus rescued his mansion and headed inside, dragging Elena with him. "Oh Stefan. Look who I've brought." He called out as his lips shaped into a smirk.

"Stefan..." Elena breathed out.

Stefan set down his glass after he downed it. He was beside Rebekah on the couch, who was looking a bit irritated about this babysitting job. "Hello Elena," he said carelessly as he looked over at her, emotion absent from his voice or face. More mocking than anything. Mocking the man he used to be

"Well this is fun." Klaus chuckled and walked over to his liquor cabinet, pouring himself a glass of whiskey. "It will be even more fun later once I have the necklace."