Chapter 23

The next morning, Hope Mikaelson woke up on the couch downstairs in the Gilbert house hold. She looked around a listened carefully, but it sounded like no one was home. She sighed a little and stood up before heading towards the door, slowing to a stop as the Salvatores and Elena walked inside.

"What is she doing here?" Damon said as his gaze fell on Hope.

"She's my guest" Elena replied. "She wanted a place to stay so I let her stay here"

"Well, its time for the grown ups to chat" The vampire said, his gaze on the tribrid. "Out"

"You don't have to go" The doppelganger said, looking at the girl she now knew was Klaus' daughter.

"It's okay" Hope said. "I should probably get going anyways. I promised I'd be back in the morning"

Elena nodded, and Hope headed out of the house, wishing that she didn't have to deal with figuring out what to do next. She hadn't expected to be outed to the whole family, plus Elena Gilbert. And while she had considered what she should say, she still wasn't sure. After all, what could you possibly say when you have a chance to save the people you love? But if you alter events, other people you love might never be born. It was a cruel fate to have to decide such things, but she wasn't sure she would be able to keep lying to them now that there was no hiding that they were family. Always and Forever.

The tribrid wished she had the crystal Bonnie had given her with her. However, it was in the room whe had gotten settled in at the Mikaelson mansion. She couldn't get it and use it without being noticed first. Even if she walked in, cloaked by magic. So she needed to face them all without any subconscious guidance.

Hope walked inside the mansion and looked around a bit, noticing some new decorations.

"Hope" Rebekah greeted, walking over to her. "You've come back after all"

"Of course I did. We're family. Always and Forever"

The blonde scowled a little before trying to act like she hadn't. Hope noticed and held back a frown. She knew things were complicated between them all, especially with what they consider Always and Forever.

"Well, we are glad to have you here. Though, of course, your existence brings about many questions of course" Rebekah said, looking at her.

"I know" Hope sighed softly. "I just don't know how much I should answer. Everything I do here has a greater chance of obliterating the future I am from. And I don't- I can't be sure how much I'm willing to risk that. Even if I want to just tell you everything"

"I understand. Though if you're willing, we'd like to know more about you"

"I'd like that. Though I need to speak to my dad"

"Alright. I'll talk to you later then" Rebekah said. "Perhaps we could do some quick shopping once you finish talking to him"

Hope frowned and asked "Shopping?"

"My mother has decided to throw a ball to commemorate the reunion of all of us"

"Are you going with anyone?" Hope asked curiously, unsure if her aunt had been interested in anyone while she was in Mystic Falls.

"I'm not sure yet. I have someone I'm going to invite, but I dont know if they will show"

"Well, good luck with inviting who you want to invite. Let me know how it goes. It's good to talk to you again, Aunt Rebekah" Hope gave her a small smile before heading upstairs, going straight to the art room, knowing her dad would be there because she would have been if such news was dropped.