Chapter Four

Hope looked at the house as they arrived and stepped towards it. She had never gotten to see this house since it burnt down before she was born. 

Klaus slowly let go of Hope’s hand when he reached the house. He stepped closer to the door and knocked. “You might have to go in and force her to give up the necklace. Seeing as though I am not invited in.” 

Hope nodded and waited patiently. 

Elena scrubbed her hair as she heard the knock. She headed downstairs, frowning curiously. She opened the front door and gasped, stumbling back a little in fear. "Klaus" she said, not even registering the other person there.

Klaus smirked as he came face to face with Elena. “Elena.” He greeted smugly. “Whilst I’d love to hear all about how you survived the ritual, I’m afraid I have more urgent matters at the moment."

Elena took off further into the house. Hope sighed and followed her, raising up her fisted hand until it was near her head..

"Corporis impetus!" She casted, causing Elena to freeze in her spot. Hope walked over until she was in front of her.
"Stefan Salvatore gave you a necklace. Where is it?"

"I dont have it" 

"Then who does?" Hope asked. Elena didnt answer the question. Hope then casted the truth spell. "Who has the necklace Stefan gave you?"

"Bonnie Bennett" Elena said against her will 
Klaus smirked as he came face to face with Elena.

He casually leaned against the doorframe, watching Hope do as he asked with a slightly proud expression in his eyes. She was definitely a useful one to have around. “Ah. The witch was going to be my second guess.  Tell me, where can we find Bonnie?"

"I dont know" Elena said.

"Where is the last place you knew she was?" Hope questioned. 

Elena struggled against an answer but ended up saying. "She was in town square." 

Hope removed the spell, and suddenly Elena could move again. She moved to rush upstairs but hit a barrier spell. 

Klaus grinned in satisfaction when he heard Elena’s answer. “Excellent. Though of course I should bring you with me as...say, insurance. On the chance she does not want to give me the necklace.” He said thoughtfully as his lips shaped into a smirk. “Hope. Bring her along would you?” 

Hope nodded and took Elena's arm before undoing the spell. She led her out of the house

"Why are you doing this? Why are you helping him? What has he promised you?" Elena questioned. 

"That is none of your business" Hope said, leading her out of the safety of her home. 

Klaus chuckled softly hearing Hope’s response. He found himself liking her a lot more than he thought it possible seeing as he never liked anyone. “You know sometimes people simply choose to help me for no ulterior motive. As much as that is hard for you to believe.” He smirked as he began walking towards the town square. 

Elena scoffed at that and shook her head a little. "Where's Stefan?" She questioned, looking ahead as she walked with Hope, not having much of a choice.

“In town. Not caring about you no doubt.” Klaus said smugly. “I must admit it was quite satisfying to watch him give up every sliver of humanity he had left.” 

"You're lying. Stefan wouldnt do that" Elena said, swallowing hard as she looked ahead. 

"He's not lying. I saw him do it" Hope commented, not mentioning her father's use of persuasion or the fact it had been her idea. 

Klaus smirked, enjoying the way Hope seemed to be not only on his side, but also endlessly approving his methods of dealing with Elena. He guessed this was what it was like to be around someone who was similar to him. He never really experienced it before. “Oh but he did. And you will actually see it with your own eyes soon enough. After I get my necklace of course.” 

Elena swallowed at that and fell silent, her heart sinking. She wanted to see Damon. To warn him. But she couldnt. She was stuck with Klaus and this girl. This witch.
Klaus reached the town square and smirked as he spotted Bonnie Bennett. He didn’t hesitate before walking up to her and speeding her into the nearest alleyway. “Now then. You have something that belongs to me. I’d like it back.” He said calmly as he held her tightly by her neck. 

Bonnie gasped and struggled against his grip. She knew any spell she had wouldn’t work against him. He was too strong now that his curse was broken and even before then. 

“Where is the necklace that Elena gave you?” Klaus asked as he let her go so she could speak. 

 “I-I don’t have it here.” 

“Yes I see that. Where is it? I’m not asking again.” 

Hope watched where he went even though she couldnt see much, and she headed into that direction, still holding onto Elena. She reached the alley. "You're Bonnie Bennett, I assume" Hope said casually as she looked at Bonnie. "I would get him the necklace if I were you" 

Bonnie looked towards the unfamiliar voice and her eyes widened slightly when she saw Elena with the stranger. Hesitantly she looked back at Klaus, not really knowing what to do for a second. Eventually she spoke. “It’s at my house. I can get it for you.” 

Klaus smirked. “Excellent. That wasn’t so difficult now was it?” 

Hope looked over at Elena beside her for a moment, hating that she needed to hold her like this. But it was crucial to Elena surviving in the end. She looked at Klaus. "I'm guessing you want me to go with her?" She asked

Klaus thought about it for a moment before nodding in confirmation. “Yes. I’ll take care of Elena.” He said smugly. “Perhaps I’ll take her to see Stefan. Meet me back at the house when you get the necklace. 

"I will" Hope said, hoping her father wouldn't be rash and make Elena and Stefan suffer now. She needed to confirm that Elena needed to survive."Lead the way" she told Bonnie after letting go of Elena. 

Bonnie met Elena’s eyes for a second, clearly worried about her but also knowing there wasn’t much she could do except do what Klaus wanted. She slowly turned away then and began heading towards her house. 

Klaus smirked. “Now then. Come along. I’m certain you’d like to see Stefan no?”