Chapter 9

Matt

The doorbell wrung for what seems the millionth time today. It wasn't long after we found out what was really happening before my mother-in-law called knowing something was wrong. We decided to tell everyone at the same time so it would be less painful on both parts and now everyone is either flying or driving down here.

"Hey mom, " I said greeting my mother-in-law before taking her things.

"Whats up woah woah woah you look like you could blend in with the dead right now, "

I cracked a smile knowing she means no harm. It was just how she is and I loved her that way. We need a few laughs within these walls anyway "I haven't slept much, "

"Yeah, it doesn't take rocket science to know that. I never thought I would recommend a guy using makeup but you my friend are a pretty close case, "

I was about to answer when Rachel interrupted us.

"I hear insults and sarcasm has entered the house that could only mean my mother is here, "

"Awww you know me too well. Really I'm flattered, "

" Don't come down the stairs I'm coming to get you, " I said in a warning tone knowing she was probably trying right now. I need to move us downstairs.

" I'm gonna have to tell Mark to up his game up because not my daughter having a carriage taking her places, "

"There's juice in the fridge, " I said before kissing her on her cheek and practically racing upstairs hoping that she didn't get to the stairs yet.

I reach upstairs and go into our bedroom expecting her to at least be out of the bed but fortunately, I was wrong.

"Hi love, " she said as I helped her out of bed. At least one of us was in a good mood.

"Hey baby. Cmon let's get you up and out before hell breaks loose downstairs, "

"I heard that!" Lisa said.

"You'll be alright, " Rachel replied.

I scooped her up and carefully brought her downstairs to meet her mother.

"My baby!" Lisa said walking with her arms wide open to greet Rachel.

"My mommy!"

"I've missed you so much, "

"I've missed you too, where's dad and sis?"

"They're coming in a few hours. I just couldn't wait, "

"Patience isn't your best quality, "

"You can say that again. How are you? How are you feeling? Are you hurting?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine. I have the best doctor in town that so happens to live with me, "

"Good. I've never been so happy to say that I'm glad you did not get my rebellious trait and that you got your fathers trait instead because it would not come in handy right now, "

"Say it again mom I didn't get to record that, "

"Now the moment is ruined, "

The doorbell rung...again.

"I'll get it, " I said expecting it to be Kate. Ever since she found out it's like she's a different person now and I don't know how to feel about it.

I opened the door finding my parents behind it.

"My son!" my mom said pulling in for a hug. Dad moved past us and went in to see who I'm guessing Rachel.

"Oh goodness you look like you could be dead yourself" she said rubbing her hands all over my face.

"That's what I said!" Lisa yelled from inside.

"Lisa!" my mom excitedly said and pushed me out of the way. I closed the door knowing that the next five months are going to be long but I'm not complaining

Before I could get back to the crowd the doorbell rang again.

I opened it this time finding the rest of Rachels's family behind it.

"Sarah, Dad, " I said before pulling them into a hug.

"Hey son, " Marcus said while knocking the rest of whatever life I had out of me.

"You look like you could be Lazarus, " Sarah said as she took a closer look at my face.

"That's what we said!"

"Oh they're here! That means food is here thank you Lord excuse me while I find my way to the best part of the house, " Sarah said shoving us out of the way.

Marcus and I looked at each other shaking our heads knowing that for the rest of this pregnancy is gonna be a long one. But I knew that we both weren't complaining.
--------------------------------------------------------------Bare with me as I try to figure out how I'm gonna tie this story in and make it make sense. Until tomorrow guys 👋🏾