Chapter 13

Matt

"Listen I'm going to say this as a friend and not as a doctor. Whatever that's going on here you guys need to quit like now. Yes you've been hit by bad news but with her situation, this isn't the time to act the fool. Don't lessen her chances of making it out alive because you as a family can't keep your emotions in check. She doesn't need pity me puppy eyes dropping all over the place or you guys making her feel worse,"

"We weren't trying to---" my dad starts but Dr. Gray cuts him off.

"I'm. Not. Done. Talking, "

"She needs you guys to lift her up, encourage her. Not make her depressed. Buckle up and act like grown people and not like a bunch of 11-year old that just found out they had something called hormones. I'm not asking you to ignore your feelings. I'm asking you to control them when around her. She's a sensitive girl. What you guys think and how you guys act does matter to her which in turn will affect her and the baby for the worse. Am I clear?"

"Cristal, " they all said in unison.

"Great now as her Doctor right now she needs the rest the only person who needs to be in there is her spouse and he's currently in there right now. She probably won't be up for another few hours. Take this time to release whatever you need to because when she wakes up I don't want to see anyone throwing any tantrums, "

I could hear everything that was happening outside. Not because Dr. Gray was a loud speaker but because she wanted me to hear too. I needed to be put in check and that's what she did.

I sat holding my wife's hand silently praying that she'll be okay. She'll be okay. I know she will for right now anyway. She has to be.

I climbed up on the bed laying next to her. Holding her hands in mine. I look at the ring on her finger and smiled. Looking back up and her I made sure she was still sleeping. Dr. Gray did say that she wasn't gonna wake up anytime soon.

Placing a kiss on her hands I started talking. "I remember the first day we met. It's hard to forget, " I said chuckling as the images of her bumping into me resurfaced.

"Then there's the second time and the coffee shop. By the way, I never get how it's called a coffee shop and serves lemonade. Who even asks for lemonade?" I asked looking up at her. Of course she would.

I looked back down at her wedding set "You know I never told you the full story of how I got the ring. I bought it right after meeting you. That night I found myself standing in front of one of those jewelry stores. You know the diamond thingy?"

"Anyways that very same night believe me I tried. I drove around and took wrong turns only to find myself at the very same place I didn't want to be. I thought I was crazy like what in the Disney was I thinking?"

"We barely got two words in and bam I'm going to marry you like who am I? Anyways I knew it and I went in. The room sparkled with diamonds yet I couldn't find one that would fit you. I was gonna give up when something tell me to turn around and there it was. Your ring in hiding. You would miss it if you weren't looking thoroughly. I didn't need a closer look I purchased it right then and there, "

My eyes moved to her belly where her baby was. Where our baby was. We didn't want to find out the gender. Not yet anyway it would have made it worse.

I looked back up at her. She's so beautiful. Her natural her was out today. I liked her with it best. She was stunning.

"You wanna know the craziest thing?" I asked.

"That morning when we bumped into each other...When you bumped into me. That wasn't the path I normally walked to class. That morning I decided to switch it up and try something different, "

I'm glad I did

--------------------------------------------------------------Decided to switch things up a bit and bring y'all down memory lane. Have a great evening loves.