Chapter 14

Matt

I woke up to hands playing in my hair. She's awake. Yes thank you Lord she's awake.

I slowly shifted letting her know I was awake.

"Hi handsome, "

"Hi love, "  I said sitting up properly in the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"A lot better. What happened?"

"You were under so much stress and when you started screaming we rushed you to the hospital. Dr. Gary had to put you to sleep so that your blood pressure would sort of ease, "

"Wheres dad...and the rest of our family?"

"They're outside. I've missed you, so much, "  I said not being able to contain myself and pulled her in for a kiss.

"How long have I been out?"

"9 hours almost 10," I said going in for another kiss.

"The hospital bill is gonna be high, " she murmured against my lips

"I don't give a flying frog about the bill. You're alive. You're safe. The baby is fine. God is good, "

"Flying frog, " she said trying not to laugh. "It's like you're getting worse by the day.

I rolled my eyes. "Out of all of that, all you took away was my pg5 foul language?"

"Pg5?" This time she busted out laughing.

She's laughing that's great.

I kissed her stomach where our baby was and got a light kick to follow after.

"I want to know the gender, " she whispered. "Please?"

"Okay we'll find out as soon as you want. Do you want to find out now or-"

"No, I want to have a small get-together. Just us and our family since they're here, "

"Okay whatever you want, " 

"I love you, "

I didn't like the way she said it. Like it's one of her last a times saying it. I took a few seconds before I responded with assurance for the both of us. She is going to make it. I believe God can do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can imagine or think. The God that raised Lazarus from the dead can keep both of them alive. Not just one. I won't settle for one. The both of them.

"And I love you, " I smirked deciding to try my luck. "So...the both of us are awake. The door is closed. Your gown is disposable-"

"Matthew James Mconner!"

"So is that like a yes or no?"

"I can't believe you right now, " she said laughing.

"What? You're hot and it's not like we're not married. I say this is a like science experiment. My hypothesis is that if I can get you to-"

"Finish that sentence Mr. Mconner and I will not hesitate to have you thrown out of this room, "

Silence

"Matt?"

"Shhh, I'm calculating, "

"Calculating what?"

"The probability of me making a move and getting to that button before you can get to it and have me thrown out, "

"Matthew!" she groaned.

"What?"

"No. Now behave, "

"No as in you won't push the button to call the nurse or no as in..."

"No as in no to any of this. Behave, "

"I am on my best behavior right now, "

"Matthew, "

"Okay okay I'm stopping. Dang, well there goes my chance of being-"

"You can save all that for the privacy of your home...or car. How are you feeling Rachel?" Dr. Gray asked walking in interrupting me.

My face felt hot. I knew I was beet red. If she heard me no doubt all of our family heard me. Oh Jesus help me. Rachel's dad is gonna kill me.

"I'm feeling great. Probably the best I've felt the last two months, " she said squeezing my hand.

"Great. I'm glad you could have some rest. Everything looks okay from my end. Just be careful with stressing yourself please, "

"Yes ma'am,"

"Matthew?"

"Yes doc?"

"Next time when you 'lock the door' " she said air quoting what I said. "Make sure you actually turn the lock, "

And with that, she left. I knew she was joking but that didn't matter right now as I'm sure I look like a tomato.

Rachel busted out laughing again. Glad someone was getting humor out of this.

--------------------------------------------------------------Two chapters in one day am I okay? When I write if I'm don't with a chapter and I still have more ideas then I write until I'm out of ideas. Today was one of those days. Enjoy the bonus chapter