✩13✩

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

After their conversation, Prudence and Riven returned to their personal rooms to rest. Prudence felt relieved to have been able to tell Riven the whole truth and she hoped that he would tell her soon what happened to him this summer because she was even more confused and worried about him than before. She slowly awoke in the morning and got out of bed and went to wash herself and then put on a sweater and pants with her sneakers. When she opened the bathroom door, she saw that Aisha, Musa, Stella, and Terra were chatting. Aisha seemed to disagree with the other girls, so Prudence leaned against the door and listened to their conversation.

"It was stupid to let Beatrix escape. She's a murderer, and now you're complicit in her escape. Mrs. Dowling's not going to be happy. Aisha began to explain to them as Stella slowly sat down on the couch sighing, clearly annoyed by Aisha's behaviour. Prudence sat next to Stella and Stella gently said hello before looking at her phone while Prudence continued to silently listen to Aisha's monologue.

"She has the right to discover the truth that everyone is hiding from her." Musa then told her, and she began to go to her room to retrieve her coat while Terra listened to the conflict without intervening even if she wanted to.

"Yes, but not by acting recklessly and stupidly. What do you think, Prudence? You've been silent since you got here. Aisha turned to look at her and she gave her an interrogative look while silently asking her to agree with her. Prudence sighed and got up to fetch her coat because she knew that Aisha would not be happy by her answer and Prudence did not really want to be yelled at like a 5-year-old by Aisha. When she came back into the room, she started talking.

« I'm on the girls' side, sorry Aisha. I think she has a right to know her past." Prudence told her, and she picked up Stella's shoes and threw it in her face before she could even raise her head. Stella growled in pain and began to put on her shoes while Aisha began to complain.

"Yes, but she could have found another way. I am not sure that Ms. Dowling is happy when she will learn that a murderer has escaped, and that Bloom has helped her and that you too because you let her do it." Aisha explained to them, and all the girls sighed and began to leave the room, went down the stairs and went to the refectory, then they took a tray and settled down at a table.

 Breakfast was hectic with Aisha who kept saying that they had made stupid choices and the other girls were just trying to ignore her but Prudence could notice that some of them were starting to get annoyed, especially Terra.

"Eight." Prudence suddenly whispered and only Musa, who was next to her, had heard her and she quickly turned her head to look at her. Prudence quickly closed her eyes because of a sharp pain in her skull and she clenched her fists under the table because of the pain. Musa put a hand on her shoulder and used her powers on Prudence to try to calm Prudence's pain, but for a few short seconds she felt Prudence's pain and quickly walked away. Prudence relaxed her fists and suddenly reopened his eyes. Her face was neutral, and her eyes were fixed on the wall, at the back of the room. Musa panicked inwardly, but she tried to stay quiet to not create panic on the part of the other girls. Prudence turned her head to look at her surroundings and the people around her. She examined all of them quietly while Aisha was still talking. Musa tried to get into her mind and feel her emotions, but like the last time in the lobby, Prudence felt nothing. Prudence got up and all the girls stared at her a little bit lost because Prudence had absolutely eaten nothing, and she already seemed to be leaving.