Three

The worn out Captain proceeded her duties, her cheeks tinted red from the heat outside. The storm had kept her up most of the night, making her dizzy and clumsy during most of her tasks. A normal person would think someone who kills 10 meter to 15 meter titians without an ounce of fear wouldn't be scared of anything, but a thunder storm was the burden of a life time for her. The sun emerging from the clouds with rays hitting every direction, created a very tranquil atmosphere. However, the day was obviously out of sync with her mood.

Y/N grabbed the handle of the broom from a cadet who was apprehensive to get back to training, the flustered form sloppily strolling towards training grounds. Captain Levi Ackerman was in charge of the session today, making everyone extremely on edge. The stiff man held his usual bored expression, eyeing the cadets who flew from different directions to slice the napes of fake titans.

"Stellar, your straps are lose." Levi raises his voice, making the young boy panic as he rushed to fix them.

"Sorry Captain!"

The sound of the broom brushing against the pavement was distracting Y/N from paying attention to the training session, her focus purely on getting the stray leaves and twigs off of the path. The storm had created a mess, creating a bigger mess with Y/N's mood considering she already didn't get enough sleep. Her bagged eyes were rubbed by her fingertips as she tossed aside the broom.

"Oi!" Levi turns his body towards Y/N. "Pick the damn broom up and put it away." Her eyes narrowed, her patience being tested. Levi could see her mood was sour, but he didn't let that stop him.

Fighting every will to say something snarky to him, she muttered curses as she leaned down and grabbed the broom. Her body turning away from his as she walked towards the stables. The sounds of the horses filled her ears as she walked towards the storage closet. Throwing the broom lazily in, she slammed the door after, startling something that scurried away.

"What the hell?!" Y/N instinctively put her hand on the handle of her sword, ready to draw. Her eyes peered towards the direction of the noise, and moved towards it quickly. Her gaze widened in surprise to see a German Shepherd trying to find a way out. With a loud sigh of relief, she let go of her handle and knelt down. With her knees against the cold ground, she reached into her baggage. Out came half of a potato she didn't finish that morning.

With a whistle and a few clicks of her tongue, the German Shepherd panted warily as it turned to her. His hind legs shook violently, but eased to see the food she rolled towards it. "How the hell did you get in here, hm?" Y/N questioned, almost expecting an answer back.

The hound with a few sniffs and reluctant paces, slowly grabbed the potato and swallowed it down quickly with a couple of bites. His chomping noises made Y/N guess he had been starving. After it finished, it slowly made its way closer, using its eyes to speak. "You want more?" Y/N asked, and in response the dog tilted his head.

With a small chuckle, Y/N turned her body slightly. "Hey! Victoria Link!" She called for another cadet who she knew was nearby, startling the dog into stepping back a few steps into its corner.

"Yes Cap-" Her body came to a halt and her eyes gleamed. "A dog! I've never seen one before!" Her voice was full of awe as she took a few steps closer next to Y/N. "Has it been living here?"

"Possibly." Y/N smiled at her excitement. "Under my order, ask George for any leftovers from this morning."

With an eager nod, she hurried out toward the headquarters, her feet tapping into a small echo until it faded out.

"Come here mutt." Y/N held out her hand, her fingertips stretched outwards. "I gave you my precious potato, does it look like I plan to hurt you?" She spoke and it reacted to her hand by cautiously stepping forward to sniff it.