Five

"Dismissed!" Y/N's voice rang out. "Grab yourselves some lunch. You're free early for the day!"

Some small cheers were heard as the beginner titan slayers sauntered away in a brisk. Pulling back her H/L hair, she awaited everyone's departure before taking off her cloak and jacket. Her skin felt heat radiating off her, the sun was harsh that day, but that wouldn't stop the captain from doing her own training. She brought her fists up in a stance, and swung quickly in front of her. Her arms remained straightened with every punch she lashed out. Sweat continued to build up all around, soaking the cloth that remained connected to her. She let out heavy breaths as she continued on for an hour.

"Oi, L/N." Captain Levi interrupted. "I hate to stop you, but we have a drill." 

"What?" She turned towards him, her tank top immersed with sweat.

"Wall Maria, titans are gathering up more, we had troops collecting whatever is left there." He informed the woman who quickly put her jacket and cloak on before meeting his side as they walked. "I am collecting my squad, I advise you do the same."

"I didn't have enough time to gather recruits Ackerman." Y/N spoke through her teeth in annoyance of the circumstance.

Levi stopped and grabbed her arm. "I think we both know who belongs on your squad, L/N. That Connie kid, Victoria, and I know Zoey is already recruited."

She clicked her tongue in thought before nodding. "Go, I'll assemble the team. Yours needs you."

Without another glance, he turned away and Y/N raced into the headquarters. Her thoughts ran a million miles a second. This would be the first mission she had with her own squad. Their lives would be your responsibility, their futures depended on you.

"Connie, Victoria, Zoey!" Y/N shouted through the panic of the warriors who hustled through the headquarters. All three who were conveniently close to each other raced over in front of her with a salute. "Connie and Victoria, this is last second and I apologize, but with the obvious- we are currently in deep shit over at Wall Maria again. We had comrades over there who were gathering supplies, so I am guessing they're trapped and need our help."  

"I know you guys haven't graduated yet, so this is a major decision on your parts. But there are small amounts of trainees who get this once in a lifetime opportunity. I want you to fight by my side, until the day we all die." Y/N saluted them, her fist pressed deeply onto her heart. "Zoey has already decided to be on my team, but Springer and Link, I plea you but your uttermost trust in me."

All three looked at each other with fear noticeable in their eyes, but it suddenly transitioned to a strong hint of determination.

"Captain, I would be honored to die by your side." Victoria Link's eyes narrowed and she knelt down and gave D/N a hug. "There's no one I rather fight with."

"You can count on me." Connie Springer's voice cracked. "What do you want us to do?"

"Trust me, and follow me."

* * *

The 4 squad members of Y/N ran along the walls of Maria, as expected—Titans were everywhere. They had their ODM gear gripped tightly as they watched squad Levi slice the napes of some. Eren Jeager was seen separated, watching from afar until given the order to approach. The Titans were roaming the grounds of covered
debris; some ran, some leaped, some even soared slightly.