Doctor for anonymous

I was at the hospital, waiting anxiously for my mum to be out of surgery. She was in for a thyroidectomy as she had hyperthyroidism (an over active thyroid gland).

I'd been sat here for an hour and a half now and I was getting worried. Her doctors, Ashton and Calum (who were general doctors) had told me the surgery would last 1-2 hours but if it could last as little as one hour what was taking the other thirty minutes? What if something had gone wrong?

I was panicking and on top of that my wrist hurt badly. I had fallen off my bike yesterday when riding home to get my mum a few bits that she wanted for after her surgery.

Mum had been concerned when she saw me holding me wrist and the bruises that had formed on my wrist, upper arm and hip due to the impact I'd made with the ground, and told me that I should have one of the doctors look at it. I told her I was fine and to just focus on her surgery getting better afterwards. She'd let it go but I felt she'd most likely bring it up before we left and get someone to check it.

I was beginning to panic about the time when Ashton walked in.

I immediately scooted to the edge of my seat, looking up at him worried and desperate to know what had happened.

"Is she alright?" I asked quickly "What happened? Where is she?"

"Skylar, slow down," Ashton spoke sitting down on a chair "Your mum's surgery went very well."

I let out a sigh of relief.

"Calum's taking her to recovery now," Ashton continued "and I'll take you to see her as soon as she wakes up, okay?"

"Ok, thank you."

"No problem," he smiled, before his eyebrows furrowed in concern as he caught sight of my wrist. "What happened to your wrist?" He asked.

"Nothing," I immediately answered, tugging my sleeve down.

"Let me see," Ashton said, crouching down in front of me.

After a moment of hesitation, I slowly pulled up the sleeve of my hoodie, Ashton gently taking my wrist in his hand.

"How did this happen?" He asked as he looked at it, turning my wrist over and gently pressing against it.

I whimpered and pulled my hand back.

"I fell off my bike yesterday," I told him, very embarrassed.

"Did you get hurt anywhere else?"

"My hip hurts a bit and my arms are bruised but I'm fine."

"Even if you are, I'd still like to give you a quick exam to make sure."

"No," I responded immediately, yanking my hand from his. "No."

"Woah, Skylar. You need to let me check your wrist so we can make sure it's not broken."

"No!" I yelled, standing up and scurrying away from Ashton. "I am not having a check up. No."

"Sweetheart," Ashton said, standing up and slowly moving over to me "I need you to take a deep breath for me and try and calm down."

"No, stay away from me!"

"What's going on?" Calum asked, walking into the room.

"Skylar hurt herself falling off her bike yesterday and needs a check up," Ashton explained to him.

"No I do not!" I exclaimed "Stay away from me."

"Page Michael for her wrist," Ashton spoke again to Calum. After a moment of looking over my panicked state he added "And get Luke."