Doctor

So this imagine is based on Luke being a psychiatrist which is a bit different to normal but I am thinking about writing this as a full story so let me know what you think. ❤️

-~-

Monday
Selena's POV
I didn't know why I was at the doctors; I wasn't injured.

"Selena, come on," my mother said as she walked up the steps to the large medical building.

I didn't answer but I followed behind her, both curious and nervous as to why I was here.

You're a freak, that's why.

A froze on the steps, squeezing my eyes shut for a moment, hoping it would help to clear my head.

It worked somewhat, the whisper disappeared, but my head was never really empty. There was always something, whispering, talking, screaming.

Luckily, my mum didn't notice my pause and I quickly hurried to follow her through the doors.

"Go sit down over there," Mum told me, gesturing towards a collection of seats "I'll be right back."

My mum was a good mum but she didn't really understand me. Of course, no one did. No one knew my secret; who would believe me if I told them anyway?

She didn't understand why I was always so quiet, why I avoided talking to anyone.

I made my way over to the chairs and took a seat. They weren't particularly comfortable. They were those hard, plastic chairs and I shifted around a bit to try and get comfortable. I gave up quickly hoping I wouldn't be here long.

My mum came and sat down next to me after a few minutes. I kept my eyes on my feet and didn't say anything as she did.

There were a few other people in the waiting room, but not many.

Only a few minutes later, a door over the far side of the room opened and a woman stepped out.

"Selena Jenkins?" She called. My head snapped up to hers. What was going on?

They know.

They're going to come for you.

They'll experiment on you.

They'll find out you're a freak.

You'll never get away from us.

We're always here.

I closed my eyes, my hands squeezing the sides of the chair, my muscles tensed.

"Selena, go," my mum nudged me up from the chair and I hesitantly walked over towards the woman.

She gave me a kind smile once I reached her. "Hi, Selena. My name's Emma. Would you mind following me?"

I didn't say anything and after a few seconds she realised I wasn't going to. She smiled again and held the door open and walked through it into a corridor. I followed her through and then she shut the door behind me.

I liked it better in here. It was warmer than the front room. There was a soft carpet on the floor. The walls were still painted white but it didn't feel like it was quite as bright.

I followed Emma down the corridor before we stopped at one of the doors, near a bend in the corridor. I say corridor, more like hallway.

"Could you just wait here for a minute, sweetie?" Emma asked and I nodded.

She walked into the room and shut the door behind her before I could get a proper look in.

I stood outside the room for only a minute before the door opened and Emma stepped out again.