Dentist for ashleycasey5776

I was at school and thankfully it was break.

"Ashley!" My friend, Jenna called from across the quad. I smiled and began walking towards her when suddenly her face contorted into an expression of concern. I was very confused as to why until I walked smack into a metal post.

I was immediately knocked back onto the floor, feeing pain shoot through my jaw.

I lay still for a moment, waiting for the pain to subside, but when it didn't I knew something was wrong.

"Ashley?!" I heard Jenna's worried voice from above me.

"Mmmm," I groaned, feeling the pain in my mouth as I tried to speak.

"Are you in pain?" She asked, crouching beside me and helping me into a sitting position.

I sent her a 'what do you think?' look before saying "Yeah my jaw is killing me."

"Let's go see Doctor Irwin then," Jenna suggested.

"Erm, I don't think that's entirely necessary," I said nervously, really not wanting to see a dentist today.

"Ashley, you are literally bleeding," Jenna said, grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards the building "We are going to see Doctor Irwin."

I could taste some blood in my mouth but I hadn't realised it was on my lips.

If I knew anything about Jenna it was that she was stubborn. There was no way she was going to let this go so, reluctantly, I gave in and followed her to Doctor Irwin's office.

It wasn't a very long walk, which I was great full for as my jaw was really starting to hurt.

My dilemma now was that I very much wanted the pain to go away however I also very much wanted to avoid having to see a dentist.

I'd never visited Dr Irwin however I hear he was very nice. Still, I hated dentists and did everything I could to get out of seeing one. Unfortunately, that didn't work out very well as I did not want my mum to know I was afraid; so really always ended up going to my checkups.

We reached Dr Irwin's office and, after a moment of me jsut stood looking at the door like a weirdo, Jenna knocked.

"Come in," a voice called form the other side, and again I didn't move leading to Jenna opening the door.

Dr Irwin looked up, a smile on his face "What can I help you girls with?" He asked, his expression quickly turning to concern as he caught sight of the blood on my lips.

"Ashley, here, walked into a metal post and hurt her mouth. She didn't want to come see you but I made her," Jenna said, lightly pushing me  in front of her.

"Thank you, Jenna," he smiled to her, just as the bell rang signalling the next of lunch. Wait, they knew each other?

"I've got to get to class," she said quickly "See you later Ashton, and for God's sake, Ashley don't be difficult; you're in pain."

With that she walked out, leaving me alone with Dr Irwin, or Ashton as she called him.

"Ok, Ashley, come take a seat for me," he said before turning to his computer to presumably pull up my file.

"What's your last name?" He asked as I slowly made my way toward the chair.

"Taylor," I answered, sitting down.

He typed my name into his computer, quickly reading through my file before turning to me.

"Ok," he said, smiling kindly "Can you tell me what happened?"