Dentist for hallohellohola

Today I was moving into my new apartment. I had recently gotten a job working for a law firm in London so was moving there from my previous home in Reading.

And let me tell you it had not been a good day.

First off the moving van had arrived late to my house this morning so we were behind schedule before we'd even started.

Then I couldn't find one of the boxes containing many of my personal items, and after a very long search it turned out it was already in the van.

But thankfully, the moving van was packed and ready to go and set off for London, even if it was an hour later than I had planned.

Because of the unexpected timing, I missed my train so had to wait 20 minutes before the next arrival time, which was then delayed by another 20 minutes.

I ended up sitting next to a mother with a baby, on the train, who cried the entire journey. 

Then I got a cab to my new address, which was outrageously expensive may I add. Who comes up with these prices? It was most annoying when the charge only racked up because of all the traffic that quadrupled the journey time. So far I was not loving London.

And last but not least, I had to wait an hour in my new apartment, without any furniture in it at all, so I didn't even have a chair to sit in or food to eat, for the stupid moving van to arrive.

So it was safe to say that when I dropped the last two boxes I was carrying to my apartment, breaking one of them and scattering the contents across the hallway, I was more than done with today.

"Excuse me?" A voice said from behind me.

"What?" I snapped, clearly not in the mood, turning to face the person who had spoken...who just so happened to be the most gorgeous man I had ever laid eyes on.

He was tall, even though I was 5' 8", and had deep, sparkling green eyes, and a beautiful and dazzling smile.

I was almost stunned just looking at him.

My eyes continued their assessment, making their way down his body. He was in a pair of navy scrubs, which accentuated his muscles nicely. The outfit led me to guess he was a doctor or at least something to do with medicine. He must be smart as well as handsome. That's rare. Let's just hope he's not a total douche.

"Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted some help with those boxes? They don't look easy to carry," the man offered and I couldn't help but melt at the sound of his voice.

What was wrong with me?

I didn't answer for a moment and he raised his eyebrow probably wondering if I was mentally competent.

Get it together! I snapped at myself.

"Oh, er, yes, thank you," I finally said, even managing a smile.

Yes! He might not think that I'm a total weirdo.

He helped me to pick up all the items that had been dropped on the floor and pack them back into the box, both of us picking up a box when we were done.