Bucky/Winter Soldier - 70 Years Lost

Warning: violence, slight non-con, trauma, PTSD

Finished on 4/29/21

9590 Words

Steve, Bucky, and I were inseparable. We grew up together and instantly became friends.

So when I lost them both, I lost a piece of myself as well. I heard the news about Bucky and my heart broke. But as Peggy and I were standing there trying to convince Steve that there had to be another way for him to land the plane, I felt like I was dying too.

I was broken, numb, and lost without the two of them.

Weeks went by where Peggy would put herself together just to come to my house and make sure I was still alive. I barely left my bed, and when I did it was only because she made me.

"Y/n?" Peggy called through the rotary phone I had on my nightstand, disrupting my peaceful silence. I hummed back a response to let her know I was still there. She sighed and said, "That's it. I'm coming over. I'll be there in a few minutes."

Before I could protest she hung up. I knew that she would be here pretty soon because she only lived a few blocks from me so I set my phone down and stood up off the bed to use the restroom before she got here. I'll admit that performing daily tasks was beginning to get easier but it only made me feel guilty. Guilty that I'm still alive to be doing all of these things but they weren't.

As I started to make my way back to my bed I heard the front door open and close. Not waiting for Peggy to turn the corner I started to head back down the hall to my room until a pair of strong arms wrapped around me and held me in place.

Our bodies were thrown all around the room as I put up as much of a fight as I had the energy for, causing things to be knocked over and broken throughout the small hallway we were standing in. I tried to scream but he placed something over my mouth and with every breath I took, the more I started to slip out of consciousness.

---------------------------------

I started to wake up as two men lifted my near-limp body out of a tube-like container and dragged me into a cell in another hallway. They threw me on the ground and I groaned in pain as they closed the glass door to my cell and walked away emotionlessly.

As I looked around I didn't recognize any of my surroundings. I don't know how long it had been but it feels like I was knocked out for years.

My cell door was made out of glass, along with the 3 other empty cells in this hallway. All of the walls were made of dark grey concrete, the same as the floors and roof, so I assumed we were probably underground somewhere.

I gathered enough strength to push myself off the ground and walked over to the door. When I tried to open it a small screen popped up on the glass next to the handle, notifying me that it was locked.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I stared at the high-tech equipment. It was surely nothing I had ever seen before, nor did it even look like something Howard Stark could've made.

I walked back to the very uncomfortable bed in the corner of the room and sat on the edge as I tried to piece together everything that I could remember, in hopes to figure out where I was. My mind flashed back to when someone had broken in and taken me and I remembered that Peggy was on her way. A small ounce of hope ran through my body that she would have noticed something was wrong and there would be people looking for me, hopefully, close to finding me by now.

My thoughts were interrupted by a group of men escorting someone down the hall. I couldn't see his face through the group of people but I didn't have much time to keep looking before two men came into my cell and started dragging me away. I saw them place the man in the cell across from mine and I hoped that I would get a better look if and when they brought me back.