Steve - Sharon

Warnings: Sharon, Sharon, and more Sharon

Finished on 6/7/21

6427 Words

Steve and I had been seeing each other behind the scenes for a few months now. I wanted to keep everything quiet so that it wouldn't interfere with our missions or the team, and he wanted to take things slow. So the two of us have only been meeting up for things like movie nights or dinners in efforts to keep things casual and relaxed between us.

We all finished up an important mission earlier today so Tony decided to throw one of his big parties to celebrate. The only problem is, Steve has been avoiding me all day.

I walked out of my room and saw him leaving his so I quickly walked over to him before I headed down to the party. "Hey! I feel like I haven't seen you all day." I joked, hoping to ease the tension between us. He said nothing back and continued to walk in front of me down the hallway. I grabbed his arm softly as I called out, "Steve? Did I do something to upset you today? I feel like you've been avoiding me..."

And in the blink of an eye Steve snapped around to face me and roughly pushed me back into the hallway wall. "You know what you did Y/n. I thought I could trust you, that what we had mattered, but you're just like all the rest of them."

I was frozen in shock at his words as he turned around again and left me alone in the hallway. His words ran through my head as I tried to figure out what he meant by all of it when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Natasha was standing next to me with an apologetic look on her face. She was the only one who knew about me and Steve and I'm assuming by her silence that she just heard what went down between the two of us. "You don't need him anyway. Let's go enjoy the party."

When we got downstairs we headed straight for the bar, myself sitting down on one of the stools while Nat walked around to serve us some drinks. "Give me something strong." I stated as I looked around the crowded room. "I don't know why I'm so upset. I mean, it's not like we were actually dating or hooking up with each other..."

"No, but you guys had a connection." Nat countered. "You have every right to be upset and hurt." She slid me my drink and leaned against the bar as we both chatted, watching the rest of the party indulge in their happiness.

It wasn't until a few minutes later that I saw Steve sitting at a booth table in the far back corner with Sharon practically eating his face. I chuckled in shock, not believing what I was seeing before I stood up and downed the rest of my drink. "I'm going upstairs."

Nat didn't try to stop me, having saw what I did just moments after, so I grabbed my clutch and walked up to my room, holding back the tears.

Once I got in side I slammed my door shut and threw my purse into the closet door. This was one of the worst nights of my life. I quickly walked into my bathroom and wiped off the makeup I had spent an hour on, brushing out my hair afterwards. My clothes were the next thing to go and I got dressed in sweats before I walked out onto my patio and sat on my swinging bench as I listened to the sounds of Tony's party just a few stories below me.

I was out there for a few minutes before the glass door to my patio slid open. Bucky walked out with a fuzzy blanket in hand and a sorry smile on his face. "Hey doll."

He stood there looking at me with pity in his eyes as I looked out onto the skyline of New York. "If Steve sent you up here to apologize for him then you can leave. I don't need your pity."

Bucky chuckled softly before sitting down next to me and laying the blanket on top of the both of us. "I saw you leave and Nat told me what happened. I just figured you could use a blanket and a friend to talk to." I smiled softly and gladly wrapped the blanket around me as I leaned into his shoulder. "He's a punk anyway." I couldn't hold back the laughter as I playfully hit his leg, causing him to laugh too.