This Is My Life

Song: Darkside by Oshins ft. Hael

By the time we step out of the plane everyone else is already standing out next to the car. Eli refuses to let go of my hand as we walk over by everyone else. We all climb in and I can't help but look around for my abductor. I know he is in the trunk of the car; where else can he possibly be. I already know what is in store for him. Ashton drives with Marcus sitting in the front with him. In the back, my parents sit across from me and Eli and Atticus is sitting on the other side of me. I look out the window for the first part of the drive, looking at all the building and the streetlights that we pass. I know we are headed straight for the Crematory.

My dad leans up and reaches out for me, touching the edge of my leg. I feel my eyes swell up as I try to avoid him. As I look down, I notice he is still in the bloody pants. One leg is rolled up and someone bandaged him up. Just not sure who it was. "Sweetheart how are you feeling?"

I slowly look over at him. I must have tensed up some because Eli tightens his grip around my hand. "I'm fine. Or I will be. You don't need to worry about me," I say coldly.

His hand retreats and goes back to his own knee. "But I am worried about you. You never should have been there. This should never had happened."

I feel a lump rise in the back of my throat as the bridge of my nose starts to sting. "Did you do that to her? What he did to me...did you do that to her?" I already knew the real answer but I just had to hear him say it. 

He tilts his head slightly towards my mom but he doesn't look at her. It's like he is afraid to tell the truth and I'm dying to know what words will come out of that mouth of his.  I watch as his eyes fall for a moment to look at his busted up knee. "Yes...but it was years ago way before Scarlett and I got together. We...we had this arrangement between us. She begged for me to do that. I don't expect you to understand that type of lifestyle."

"Why would anyone want to have that done?" I glance over at my mom. "He does this to you too doesn't he?"

She was looking out the window however she must have sensed me looking at her. She glances over at Mekhi and back towards me. "It's complicated Vi. I told you that I had my own demons to deal with. This happens to be one of them."

"Why...why would you want this? You said your father would whip you and after all that time of being mistreated how could you let him do that to you?" I look back and forth between the both of them. 

"I told you...it's complicated. It's something we do for pleasure. We both are just fucked up."

"Fine...whatever...I get it; your both are sick in the head and enjoy being tortured. I thought I was going to die. Just so you know he came in every hour to hurt me. Said you would be pissed but wanted to prove a point. Then there you were and he still hurt me to hurt you. Did you really mean what you said back there?"

He shakes his head back and forth slowly while he grits his teeth.

"It is true? You never wanted me did you? I remember that first time seeing you. I was so little but I remember you arguing with Scarlett that you didn't want me. Then you told him that. Just hearing you say that brought back so many memories."

"No...Yes..." He grits his teeth again. "Fuck. Look at me...Violet fucking look at me." He reaches out for my hands as he leans closer into me. 

I look up and stare at him. His eyes water up and a tear actually falls. A tear. I can't remember a time growing up that he was so emotional.

"I said what I did hoping that he would let you go. I was there to take your place. I would die for you. You are my little girl. You may not be my blood but god dammit you are my girl. You will always be. I love you. We all love you. You belong to all of us. We are your family."