Chapter Twenty-Three

"What's that?" Damon asked, I turned around and looked up at him. I didn't even have it in me to even smile at the stupid Santa hat he still had on his head.

"It's another one" I mumbled, my grip on the envelope tightening as I walked past Damon and into the lounge, sitting down on the sofa.

I waited until Damon had sat down next to me before opening the envelope and pulling out the card inside. I almost hated how much I loved the Christmas card he had chosen, I tried to forget about the cow in a Santa hat and focus on what I was about to read inside.

"I really like cows"

"I know"

"You've never bought me a card with a cow on it"

"Yes, well I'm also not a fucking psychopath Eliza"

I laughed feebly, deciding that Damon's psychopathic tendencies were definitely questionable, before opening the card.

My darling Eliza,

Merry Christmas!

I hope you've had a lovely day and that man has spoiled you and the children as best as he can, but don't worry if he hasn't, I'll easily be able to treat you all how you should be treated next Christmas.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to Iceland so I had to pay someone to drop this off to you. I struggle to keep up with your erratic schedule, something we'll definitely have to put a cap on once you're mine, it can't possibly be doing the children any good.

I can't help but think back to the time I almost met you, it was at the after party of the show at the University of Manchester, 29th May 1993. You were so nearly in my hands, but that man distracted you and before I could even blink you had disappeared from the party.

I relive that night most days, your tour manager chose me, I was one of the chosen ones to go to the after party, but I couldn't even say hello to you before you had disappeared, aimlessly following him down a corridor.

But I won't dwell on that, as it won't be long before I'm finally able to reveal his true colours to you and then finally have you in my arms. I don't want to break it to you, especially on Christmas Day, but he's really not the man you think he is and I have proof for that.

You'll find a photo of my eleven year old niece in the envelope, I think her blonde hair and blue eyes are rather similar to someone else's, don't you?

Fourteen days until term starts, I can't wait to see you.

All my love,

Xxx

I looked up at Damon, but before either of us could say anything, we were laughing loudly. There had always been a bit of a running joke that the boys, especially Damon and Alex, had lots of illegitimate children running around. Being faced with the possibility of that actually being real, seemed to send Damon and I both a bit delirious.

"Let me look at the picture" Damon told me, I shook my head, tightening my grip on the envelope.

"No, we don't need to" I told him, shaking my head again "Neither of our girls look like you"

"But we still need to look at the photo, see if she's mine" I shook my heads again at his words, putting the envelope in my back pocket.

"I don't want either of us to look at the picture" I told him, chewing on my bottom lip to try and settle the uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"But we need to look at her" He told me again, I shook my head again. Getting up from the sofa as I started to pace around in front of him.

"No we don't" I took a deep breath "We'll meet him at the school and sort out a dna test"

"Really?" Damon questioned, I shrugged my shoulders "Are we not just going to pretend this hasn't happened?"

"Do you think it could be true?" I asked him, he laughed lightly before raising his eyebrows.

"Well I slept with quite a few girls" he mumbled, widening his eyes, I couldn't help but laugh. As if I was the person I needed to tell that to.

"I know you did and you weren't the best at putting a fucking condom on"

"-don't like 'em" He grumbled, I rolled my eyes, stopping my pacing to shoot a glare at him.

"I know you don't so that's why you've got to take a dna test and then decide what you're gonna do" I took a deep breath, pausing to look up at him "If it's a match then you've either got to pay them off or we'll welcome another child into our family"

"Really?" He sighed, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked up at me, I shrugged my shoulders.

"If you've got another child Damon then you've got to take some kind of responsibility for that" I sat back down next to him, placing my head in my hands.

"But I don't want to" He whined, I couldn't help laughing loudly at his words.

"Too late for that Dames, you should've put a fucking johnny on" I told him with a roll of my eyes.

"What if it is a match?" He asked quietly, I wrapped my arms around him, placing a kiss on the top of his head.

"Then we'll deal with it" I reassured him, though I really wasn't too sure what we were actually meant to do "Besides, you wanted another child"

"Yes I wanted a baby, with you" He stressed, sitting up to look at me "Not a fucking eleven year old with some random woman"

"I'm sure it'll all work out okay" I think we both knew that this was one of those things that really wasn't going to work out okay "To be perfectly honest Dames, I'm surprised it's taken someone this long to claim they've got a child of yours"

He grumbled something in response, but I knew there wasn't really very much he could say. There was a very real possibility that this mystery child could be his, as far as I was aware he could have hundreds of children around the world. As confused as I felt, there was a big sense of relief growing over me. I was worried he would have something recent against Damon and I wasn't sure I could cope with anymore problems between us. At least this was something we could work together to sort out.

I sighed deeply as I looked at the card which had been thrown onto the coffee table.

"It really is a very pretty card, I might put it on the mantelpiece"

A/N

Sorry this is so short but I didn't want to leave you hanging for too long!! I really hope I managed to surprise you all with this and I've been loving your guesses of who it could be!